2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2014 5:43 AM by lillybelle RSS

T.V. switching on as well as Sky box

lillybelle

My slingbox has worked great for some time, working on laptop and tablets when away from home.   Tried it last week before going off on holiday and found that as well as my sky box switching on the t.v. is also switching on.    No good when away from home as the t.v. cannot be left on indevinately.

Any assistance would be gratefully received?

• Re: T.V. switching on as well as Sky box
          alanrichey42 Master

Nothing to do with the Slingbox,   I would hazard a guess if you turned everything off overnight and turned on the Sky box with the Sky remote that the TV would turn on.   What is happening is that when the Sky box powers up it sends a signal down the HDMI cable and 'wakes up' the TV.   Somewhere on one of them there will be a setting to stop that happening.

• Re: T.V. switching on as well as Sky box
              lillybelle

Thank you for your response.   I appreciate that.   I think you were right.    I phoned Sky as a couple of strange things happened, loss of picture on t.v. and also channel changed twice by itself!!!   Sky recommended a software upgrade which we did yesterday and I am hoping problem has been resolved with that upgrade.   I switched slingbox on this morning and all seemed back to normal perfect picture and t.v. stayed off.  Will switch it on each morning now to make sure.

Many thanks for your input.