3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2014 7:27 AM by kevin.sling RSS

Audio does not work in Firefox but works in Explorer

kurtz

Does anyone know why the audio stream over the Web viewer works with Internet Explorer but does not work with Firefox despite using the most current plugins ?   I get sound through Internet Explorer when connected to my slingboxes but not through Firefox even though all plugsin are up to date.  I can get sound from youtube via Firefox but not through Slingbox viewer.

• Re: Audio does not work in Firefox but works in Explorer
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello kurtz,

Have a look at your volume controls on your computer.  You may have a computer that has separate volume controls for each web browser on your computer.  Firefox may be muted.

Let me know if this works please.

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

kurtz

Hi Kevin

Your solution worked. I found a setting on the computer where Firefox itself was muted.  I was surprised because Youtube videos gave good sound when launched in Firefox.

Perhaps you could post your solution on the  answers forum.   The problem is that it is difficult to find the screen where the muting settings for the browser are located.  I cannot even recall now how I found it.  So telling people to make this change without telling them how to make the change may be frustrating

Thank you

kevin.sling Apprentice

kurtz,

I am glad this worked for you.

The setting is usally under the mixer option under the volume control.  Some computers you can find this in the control panel or just at the lower left hand side of a computer screen where you increase the volume.  Each computer might be setup differently too so that is why I indicated the way I did.

But, I am glad that you are able to hear the sound now.

Kevin