4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 12:55 PM by eferz RSS

Trial download on WIFI only

lc1215

My problem with the trial download is that only works with WIFI connection.

Is that always the case or am I doing something wrong?

I would love to by this app but it has to work with my Blackberry curve 8350i but over the 3G network.

• Re: Trial download on WIFI only
          eferz Expert

This link will show you the supported devices and network compatibility (http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingplayer-mobile)

Apprentice

Hi, lc1215.

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

In this case, you must know that even though the Slingbox supports the connection from a BlackBerry Curve 8350i, this connection is supported only when on Wi-Fi. This statement is included in this link.

Regards,
            The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team.

Ray652

The question is WHY is it only supported over wifi????

I am using an 8520 Fido, but onyl works on wifi!!!!

eferz Expert

I'd also like to know too. Why?  These arbitrary restrictions will have me to believe that there is some deep seeded corporate conspiracy that is forcing me to purchase a phone every or every other year.  It doesn't make sense that this EDGE-only addition to the popular Curve line cannot use Slingplayer.  Theorhetically, EDGE can still carry a bandwidth up to 236.8 kbit/s (with end-to-end latency of less than 150 ms).

So, I request.... nay, I demand to know the reason you've singled out these phones to support WiFi only.  As this is a travesty to the equality of cellphones everywhere!  It is not only willfull but indecent to encourage the this type of profiling that will this lead this country into segregating its users soley based on the model of phone they own.  I do not think you want to be known as the organization that herald this way of thinking.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all cellphones were created equal."  And maybe this will be the day when all of cellphones of the world will be able to to use the Slingplayer Mobile software without the inequitable restraints which arbitrary placed on them.  Maybe even one day you will offer the Slingplayer Mobile free at last!  Free at last!