4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2014 8:04 PM by ACC203820 RSS

Where is the Sling TV Update promised in late August . . .

ACC3880660

Where is the Sling TV Update promised in late August.  I am really regretting buying a SlingTV late August has come and gone with no info on where the update is.  I have tried to contact Sling through the Facebook Sling Page with no answers.  If I don't get one soon I will be returning my SlingTV back to Amazon.

• Re: Where is the Sling TV Update promised in late August . . .
          wh1t3shadow

I just talked to a rep from sling and they said it got pushed back, but would be pushed out within the next 3 weeks.

Brandon.Sling Apprentice

Since it was first announced in mid-July with Slingbox M1, we’ve been telling you a lot about our most complete TV anywhere experience, SlingTV, and how it’s coming very soon to both new customers as well as existing Slingbox 500 customers as a FREE software upgrade. That’s still true — however, if you’re reading this now, you know that we have not quite made good on our end of August deployment as stated when first announced. We have already begun slowly deploying the SlingTV software to existing Slingbox 500 customers to ensure a robust, high quality release to the entire population of Slingbox 500 owners. We would never want to release a product that didn’t deliver on the promised experience. Rest assured our engineering team is hard at work making sure SlingTV  meets our customers’ highest expectations. We will update everyone again when we have fully deployed the upgrade. Thanks for your patience — we’re working hard to make sure it’s rewarded.

ACC203820

"We have already begun slowly deploying the SlingTV software to existing Slingbox 500 customers to ensure a robust, high quality release to the entire population of Slingbox 500 owners. We would never want to release a product that didn’t deliver on the promised experience. Rest assured our engineering team is hard at work making sure SlingTV  meets our customers’ highest expectations."

Is this saying that the start of the initial deployment was delayed due to issues identified. Or are you saying you started to roll it out, identified issues, and stopped the deployment with no concrete timeline when it would start again? From your statement it sounds more like you stopped deploying after initially rolling out. Poorly worded response (also saw the full announcement on another one of your support pages) that gives no indication of timeline.