1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 3:40 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox Pro-HD Sky+ Remote Not Working

Jim255

I have had my Slingbox Pro-HD for some time now without problem.

However, now the remote controls fail on my Android devices.

I have tried the following:

Reinstalled Android App (both phone and tablet).

Rebooted Android device.

Rebooted Slingbox.

Performed reset on Slingbox (quick press).

Performed factory reset on Slingbox and reconfigured from scratch.

I succeed in getting pictures through to a remote device OK, but if I get the remote controls to be displayed on the Android device, this is short lived. By the next time I try to connect, they are gone again.

There are no problems with the port forwarding on the router - as pictures abnd sound are fine. I am assuming that the Slingbox sends the remote control to the application, and that is what is going wrong.

This is really frustrating, as I am travelling abroad at the weekend, and I just know that my Slingbox will let me down, and I will have no way of trying to fix it until I return.

I tried calling technical support, but was cut off after being on hold for 10 minutes.

I tried online support, but they didn;t respond to the pop-up box.

I am very frustrated at the moment.

Please can someone help?

Thanks.

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD Sky+ Remote Not Working
          alanrichey42 Master

First thing you need to tell us is how it behaves on other viewing platforms.   That way you/we will know if the Slingbox is at fault or the Android app.

And the port forwarding is irrelevant.  This is ONLY used for viewing from a remote location and although you don't say it I assume your are testing over a LAN ?