8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 9:55 AM by Jacobly31 RSS

Google Fiber Cable M1 Remote Broken

Jacobly31

Hello, longtime slingbox user here. Just decided to upgrade to the M1, and just figured out I cannot fix the remote codes for the GFHD100 DVR by uploading a custom remote like I could for my 350! Can we please fix the remote in your database for the GFHD100 so I can use the M1? I am happy to beta test it to ensure that it works? Thanks!

• Re: Google Fiber Cable M1 Remote Broken
          alanrichey42 Master

What makes you think you cannot install a Custom Remote ?   See my new guide at http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

Jacobly31

Well, since the Slingbox Chat Support Person said there wasn't a way to add custom remotes to the M1 at this time. It looks like you have added the M1 to your custom remote installation guide. (I'll have to try that when I gt back home.)

While I have your attention, is there a way to take the Slingbox's specific "Google Fiber" virtual remote skin and map the custom remote's IR commands appropriately? Also, can I change the naming of the custom remote buttons? (IE the "Menu" button is correctly named on the iOS mobile app...)

Still frustraighted that Sling doesn't seem to care that thier IR database for the ONLY cable box on Google fiber is incorrect...

Thanks in advance for the help!

alanrichey42 Master
                  Well, since the Slingbox Chat Support Person said there wasn't a way to add custom remotes to the M1 at this time. It looks like you have added the M1 to your custom remote installation guide. (I'll have to try that when I gt back home.)

Yes, I have an M1 and have happily installed a Custom Remote.  Obviously the Support line hasn't been brought up-to-date.  Moderators ?

While I have your attention, is there a way to take the Slingbox's specific "Google Fiber" virtual remote skin and map the custom remote's IR commands appropriately?

Yes.   Which BIN file are you using ?  The only Google one I know of is here:  Google GFHD100

And what do you select during setup to get the correct image ?

Jacobly31

In order to get the correct Google Fiber TV virtual remote, I simply selected the default Google Fiber (GFHD100) device in the setup. Of course, this does me no good because the IR codes associated with the standard SlingMedia remote do not work. Is there a way to pull the SlingMedia GFHD100 Virtual remote image off of the slingbox and re-map your IR codes that work; then create a new BIN I culd load as a custom remote?

I klnow it is nit-picky, but it would be cool to have the real google remote image vs the generic one your BIN provides. (Don't get me wrong, I am GREATFUL for your support in creating this custom remote, it just would be nice to have a Google specific Virtual remote image...)

alanrichey42 Master
                          Is there a way to pull the SlingMedia GFHD100 Virtual remote image off of the slingbox and re-map your IR codes that work; then create a new BIN I culd load as a custom remote?

I klnow it is nit-picky, but it would be cool to have the real google remote image vs the generic one your BIN provides. (Don't get me wrong, I am GREATFUL for your support in creating this custom remote, it just would be nice to have a Google specific Virtual remote image...)

No problems.   As a long time retiree I enjoy doing things like this to keep my brain active.

How about this ?

Note that Sling, for some obscure reason, have used a code associated with a DVD Player.   So ignore the instructions and select Cable as the Device Type.

alanrichey42 Master
                        >>>Also, can I change the naming of the custom remote buttons? (IE the "Menu" button is correctly named on the iOS mobile app...)

Sorry missed this bit.   If you mean the popup you get when you right-click on the image then no.   The iOS app has a bit of a mind of it's own but can be tweaked.   But if the Menu button is correctly named on the iOS app, where is it incorrectly named. ?

Jacobly31

Sorry, I mis-spoke above. The buttons I was talking about are the "Custom 10, 11, 12" which are named incorrectly. After re-reading your .txt file I see that these buttons cannot be renamed.

I was able to get the M1 configured with your custom remote now! Works great!

Thanks again for the help!

Jacobly31

Moderator or Engineering: is there any update on fixing the remote codes doe teh Google Fiber GFHD100 box? (See Case Number 00899008) Sure would be nice to use th officailly supported Remote! Willing to be a tester for it too! Thanks in advance!