4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 7:00 PM by smcpartlin Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingplayer for PS3

Lockmor

It would be really convenient if slingplayer had the support for the PS3 web-browser.  That way, I could log in and watch using my PS3 instead of my computer.  It would save the trouble of having to connect my PC to my TV to view on a larger screen.  Just connect throught PS3 and viola......TV on a large screen.

• Re: Slingplayer for PS3
          eferz Expert

This article may give you some hope:

Our buddy Leo LaPorte interviewed Jay Tannenbaum of Sling Media the other week on his Tech  Guy Labs podcast live at CES, and reader Jason spotted a little bit  of news that will be of interest to PS3 owners. The interview starts at  about 33 minutes into episode 629, and in his chat with Leo at 33:35,  Tannenbaum mentions that the Slingbox software allows  you to stream DVR content to anywhere in the world, including "your  phone, your laptop, and soon to even the PlayS -- uh, PS3." Leo responds  the same way we would, with an incredulous, "Really?" And Tannenbaum  answers in the affirmative.

So, wow, there you go. Presumably, you'll still need a Slingbox to  actually sling the media out to your console, and obviously  there's no word yet of how the software would be delivered to the PS3  (on a disk like the Netflix app, or via a purchased program like the  $30 iPhone app), but eventually you'll be able to watch your  Slingbox media, even in 1080i, as Tannenbaum says later in the  interview, on your PlayStation 3. Interested?

Update: DustoMan in our comments says that Tannenbaum  meant streaming Slingbox through the PS3's browser, as shown in  these photos at CES. Still works, we guess, but not quite as  groovy.

There's no word on the ETA though, Sling Media reps will not comment on release dates or anything else pertaining to unreleased products.

• Re: Slingplayer for PS3
            smcpartlin

Yeah this might seem like a godsend for some of you... But really they need an app for the ps3.

I do not like the ps3 browser period.

Netflix let's you stream without a disk on the ps3.

Time for sling to use the ps3 like the sling catcher. (oh I have 5 sling catchers)

Please give us an app we can download for the ps3,xbox360 and the wii.