32 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2010 12:12 PM by eferz RSS

EPG - Program Guide - USA - Issue

ghitzjr

In attempting to open the program guide, I get a blank page.

Reading prior posts it suggests going to a step in the setup which I did but then it says you must have Flash 8.0 or greater installed.

I do have Flash installed, the latest, V 10.1 confirmed by the Flash Test website.

Is the EPG known to work with the latest Flash in the US?  or is there some other issue?

EPG did work for me back in time.

• Re: EPG - Program Guide - USA - Issue
          eferz Expert

Yes, it works with Flash 10.1.  I recommend that you try uninstalling the Singplayer software and reinstalling it.  You can get a fresh copy from (http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us)

Btw, are you able to see the EPG from Web  Slingplayer Plug-In (http://watch.slingbox.com/watch/sling_player)

ghitzjr

OK, let's see if I can reconstruct what I just did that did not work as expected.

I did not have the Firefox plug-in installed.  It is now. (I never needed it before)

I did see Zap2It on the browser connection but my problem is with the non-

browser connection.

I went to add/remove programs and uninstalled 2.0.4.

When it said do you want to save your settings, I said YES.

I downloaded the "new" 2.0.4 and attempted to install it but was only able

to choose REPAIR (not fresh install) and it told me I could not use REPAIR

and it gave me error 1604 (if I recall correctly).

Yes, I rebooted between steps.

What should I try next?

Thanks in advance

eferz Expert

I would recommend in getting rid of the install, settings and all.  There could be something wrong with one of the files, so its better that we start off from scratch since we don't know which one.  Besides, the configuration of your Slingbox, is stored on the Slingbox.  So, there aren't any settings for the Slingplayer software that couldn't be restored from your Sling Accounts (which is stored on Sling Media's servers).

If you can fully uninstall the application from the uninstall application, do that it would be the cleanest way.

If you can't, get rid of the following folders and thier children...

"C:\ProgramData\Sling Media"

(available if you use 32-bit Windows Vista)

"C:\Program Files\Sling Media"

"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sling Media"

"C:\Program Files\Sling Media""

(available if you use 64-bit Windows Vista)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media"

"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media"

** %username% is the account name you created for Windows.

** AppData and ProgramData are usually hidden, you'll need to show hidden folders to see them.

ghitzjr

No, I could not remove the "settings" via the add/remove instruction.

I am using WXP.  I did a search on "sling" and removed all folders

and files that had that name as part or in whole.  It more or less

matched your suggestions for Vista.

Attempting to install the "new" 2.0.4 still results in seeing only

"repair" as the only valid choice and still seeing error 1604 (or

whatever it is).

I am not afraid to edit the registry if that helps.

I hope you have another suggestion as I am dead in the water.

eferz Expert

I think you also have to specify "Hiden folders" in your search options, I don't believe they're searched through by default.

Also, I don't know about the registery, I believe all of the Slingplayer Desktop information is stored as files.  Its the Web Slingplayer that throws stuff into your registry.

Can you throw up a screenshot of the error?  I'm not aware of the error messages, I don't know if its a Windows OS error or Installer app error