3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2014 11:24 AM by kevin.sling RSS

Remote connections

kings4043

I have a Slingbox 500.  What equipment do I need at the remote location to connect to my coax network of TVs?  Is there a usb or HDMI to Coax cable connection?

• Re: Remote connections
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello kings4043,

Is your plan to connect the Slingbox 500 in the remote location with a coaxial connection?  If so, the Slingbox 500 only has Component, Composite, and a HDMI connection to it.

If you are looking for a way to watch your Slingbox 500 in the remote location with your Slingbox already connected at home, have a look at the following article on connected devices that will work with your Slingbox:

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

kings4043

Kevin,

My Slingbox is connected at home.  I have a Dell computer with Windows

7 and I have since tried it at the remote location and it works.  I checked

the TV at the remote location and it requires an RCAcable with 5 hookups so

I need to get a HDMI to RCA 5 cable to hook directly to the TV.  I have

seen a converter that converts component cables to coax so maybe I can get

an HDMI to component cable and the convertor to go to my coax cables.  do

you know if that will work?

Ben

kevin.sling Apprentice

Hey  kings4043,

The converter cables that you are talking about are not supported by Sling Media.

This means that if you are able to get them to work, then that is great, but Sling Media cannot guarantee they will work all the time.

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team