11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 7:28 PM by NightAngel RSS

Slingbox won't recognize my DirecTV Box

jason1261

Using a HD DVR HR22-100 Receiver from DirecTV.  Connected via composite cables.  Using a MacBook.  Tried both downloaded application and slingbox.com.  I am able to see my TV and watch live, but I have no access to my DirecTV remote control.  Used Slingbox setup a number of times, but it will not recognize my setup (Composite still says unconfigured).  When moving along in the setup, I try to search for my video source, and it does not find it.  When trying to manually enter the device, all manufacturer options are vailable, but no Model options are available for DirecTV nor any manufacturer for that matter.

I have Slingbox software loaded on a Compaq laptop and do not have this issue.  I only have this issue on the MacBook.  Very frustrated.

• Re: Slingbox won't recognize my DirecTV Box
          nimasabharwal

As of 4 days ago my direct tv remote on  my sling box pro disappeared as did my favorites. I still get audio and video but no ability to change channels while remote viewing. I have reset the slingbox Pro, I have reinstalled the software to no avail.

I have checked and double checked the IR repeaters and everything seems to be working. I wonder if the feature has been removed for Direct TV.

dediger

I went on vacation and all of a sudden was unable to access my Slingbox Pro HD from my Droid X.  When I got home it said I needed to download new software which I did.  I was able to get picture and sound but when I installed the HR21 remote I couldn't get it to work on my home computers or Droid.  Sounds like we have the same problem.  Let me know if you figure something out.

jason1261

One more update.  I have checked  and now my Compaq Laptop is not working either.  I still cannot get slingbox to recognize my DirecTV box. Does anyone know if DirecTV did something in an update, or is it no longer supported?

eferz Expert

Have you tried reconfiguring the setup on the Windows laptop?

nimasabharwal

I set it up on my windows laptop as well. Still same thing no recongition of direct tv. I still get video and audio but no remote control functions. I wonder if sling media disabled this feature due to some litigation from Direct TV. Otherwise I am out of ideas. i set my channel this morning to ESPN now i realize the england game is on ESPN 2 - i am throughly annoyed

jason1261

tried reconfiguring as well as a complete reinstall/setup.  Tried from a PC and a Mac.  Neither is working,  Making me wonder if DirecTV did a change to their system, or if Slingbox update did something on their side.  Either way, I don't have use of my Slingbox other than to watch the current channel right now.

alanrichey42 Master

Both of you are using language terms that are open to interpretation (not recognises, doesn't work...) and don't tell us what EXACTLY is wrong.   So let's try and get some better details from you.

Which of the following applies to each of you:

1.   The Remote Icon is greyed out so you cannot select the Remote.    Yes/No?

2.   When you run the 'Setup Video Sources' in Setup Assistant then 'DirecTV' is not available as a Manufacturer.  Yes/No?

3.   When you run the 'Setup Video Sources' in Setup Assistant then  your 'DirecTV' is not available as a Model.  Yes/No?

4.    When you complete the 'Setup Video Sources' and exit Setup Assistant does the Remote appear.  Yes/No ?

5.    If the Remote is visible does it correctly operate the DirecTV device.  Yes/No ?  (I guess it's no)

Cheers

Al

nimasabharwal

Alan I apologize for the vagueness of our posts. I have answered your questions as below. This problem only started happening last week. Everything was working fine before, and I have always been able to find Direct TV as a manufacturer. For some reason that option is no longer available when I run the set up assistant.

1.   The Remote Icon is greyed out so you cannot select the Remote.    Yes

2.   When you run the 'Setup Video Sources' in Setup Assistant then 'DirecTV' is not available as a Manufacturer.  Yes

3.   When you run the 'Setup Video Sources' in Setup Assistant then  your 'DirecTV' is not available as a Model.  Yes

4.    When you complete the 'Setup Video Sources' and exit Setup Assistant does the Remote appear.  Yes

5.    If the Remote is visible does it correctly operate the DirecTV device.  NOT VISIBLE

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Nima

alanrichey42 Master

nimasabharwal  OK, in Q2, if no manufacturer appears then from what I have seen in this forum I am afraid your box has just failed.  But I am not a hardware expert so the next step will be contact Sling Support.  This is a known fault of the box and there are rumours they have replaced even out-of warranty boxes.  Unfortunately it will cost you $30 to find out.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Al

eferz Expert

Jason,

If the remote is still available to you but not unresponsive, then I would suggest that you check the configured address for the DirecTV and the physical DirecTV Remote.  Its possible that they are on a different address than your Slingbox virtual remote.  Usually, you want it set to 0 (universal) or 1.  You should try the following article to test if they're functioning. (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005102.html & http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005103.html)

However, if the remote isn't available then you're probably in the same boat as nimasabharwal

NightAngel

Having a similar problem what I did what for manufacturer I tried the "Other" option and found that I was able to get it to configure using one of the Code options.