3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2014 9:07 AM by GTSLING RSS

Works fine at home, nowhere else.

train3131

Can anyone recommend what I can do to get sling pro to work outside my home network.  It worked fine for a long time, now can't recieve signal anywhere besides my home.

• Re: Works fine at home, nowhere else.
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello train3131,

What this sounds like to me the Internet Viewing was not setup correctly.

This is what I recommend you to do:

1. Be at the home location of the Slingbox
          2. Go to setup on slingbox.com on a computer on the same network as the Slingbox
          3. Select "Get Started"
          4. Select "Set Up Internet Viewing"

The following image is what you should see for the "Set Up Internet Viewing":

Setup.JPG

If this fails or states almost complete, you will have to manually port forward your home router with the IP address of the Slingbox.  You can find your router information from the following website:

Once there, select your routers brand name.  After this, the site will try to have the user purchase the program but just close this out by selecting the "Close [X]" in the upper right hand side of the screen.

Once this is done you can then select the model number of the router.  Once this is selected, scroll down to the word Slingbox and select Slingbox.  This will now give you instructions on how to port forward your router.

After you follow the steps, go ahead and run the "Set Up Internet Viewing" again to see this step passes.

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

train3131

thank you so much. I had done that, and slingbox worked correctly off site, but I wasn't able to work remote changer. I ran internet setup again and will see if remote works better next time at another location. Thanks for following up with me.

GTSLING

Hi...My Classic sling was up and running for years, both at home and remote viewing. Then, the remote viewing stopped working. I checked the port forwarding setting, it is fine, no change. The only difference is (Time Warner NYC) replaced my modem when the previous one stopped working. Can it be the new modem? Have you heard of anyone else having this problem? Thanks!