3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2014 2:23 PM by CeesWisse RSS

Can't find the right remote to pick from: Slingbox Pro HD -> Samsung SMT-H3102

CeesWisse

Hey guys,

While configuring the Slingbox I came across the following situation, and I wonder what your take on this is:

When connecting the Slingbox through coax, some video signals were not supported, but at least I was able to switch channels with the generic remote.

When connecting the Slingbox through component, all channels were visible, but I could not configure the right remote (not supported on the website).

If we’re somehow able to use the generic remote to switch channels while on component, that would be great.

The receiver used is a Samsung SMT-H3102 and this model is not present in the list, when picking a remote. We have tried a couple of other listed remotes, from which one or two had functioning buttons (volume) but not the most important ones (channel up/down).

Do you guys have any kind of experience with this receiver and are you able to give us some advice or workaround so that we are able to watch our TV programs on the road with the option to change channels, while the Slingbox is connected through component?

Kind regards and awaiting your reply,

Cees Wisse.

• Re: Can't find the right remote to pick from: Slingbox Pro HD -> Samsung SMT-H3102
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

• Re: Can't find the right remote to pick from: Slingbox Pro HD -> Samsung SMT-H3102
              CeesWisse

Actually, I have run through all the Samsung devices supported. Also tried the generic codes, but non seemed to work (apart from volume up & down, and sometimes the mute option).

After looking for any hit for the name of the provider (Ziggo, in this case), it gave me two options.

I decided to just give it a shot, even though the modelnumber no where near resembled the modelnumber of the Samsung reciever.

I'm happy to let you know that it actually worked.

I had seen the thread you linked, but did not have the time to run through all the Samsung devices, until now. Thanks for posting the link.

The Samsung receiver seems to have been "built" specifically for this provider, since the manual actually has a picture of the remote that came along with it, which also has the provider's logo on it, both on the remote itself, as in the manual.

All in all, it took me some time, but very content that it works now. Thanks for your quick response.

For future reference, for people that are trying to hook up a:

Samsung SMT-H3102,

go for the:

Ziggo 8455DVB (Cablebox) remote.

It works. :]

Thanks again!

alanrichey42 Master

Good, glad it's sorted.  However, you don't appear to have fully read the post I pointed you to ?

Actually, I have run through all the Samsung devices supported. Also tried the generic codes, but non seemed to work (apart from volume up & down, and sometimes the mute option)

So for other people following this thread, I quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.   My On-Screen Remote control has no effect on the device

And  this includes the situation where the Volume and Mute buttons appear to  work. The reason for this is that those codes are never actually sent  to the device, they are intercepted by the Slingplayer software and used  to control its own volume. So those buttons will always work, even if  the remote itself does not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that is why those buttons worked for you.