3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 3:17 PM by stanley.sling RSS

What is the XXX in SB300XXX

Hamburger

I own a Pro HD SB300-113, which is the correct version for Germany and works just fine. As I am offered an almost new, but used second Pro HD (since I need a second one) it has SB300-XXX as the version number. Now I am curious to learn what those XXX are standing for.

• Re: What is the XXX in SB300XXX
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello Hamburger,

Just wanted to let you know that the XXX stands for the country code that the Slingbox is registered in, 113 is Germany. 

When you registered the second Pro-HD, did the XXX stay? 

If so, that definitely should of said 113 as well if the box was registered in Germany.  Although having the XXX still there will not hurt anything, the XXX should of changed.

Hope this helps!!! 

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: What is the XXX in SB300XXX
              Hamburger

Hi Kevin,thanks for your kind reply. I am aware of these 3-digit country

codes. There is a variety of offers for used SlingBoxes here, mainly on

eBay. And they usually clearly say for which country they were built. Even

the US versions (100) or Canadian versions (140) are available. The

difference from the German ones (113) are not only in different power

supplies, different antenna plugs, but mainly in different builtin tuners.

My first ProHD clearly stated on a bottom lable that it is a SB300113. The

one offered to me now has a lable on the bottom saying SB300XXX, what

irritates me. As I bought it anyway, registered it and connected two

devices, I am just glad that it works. It performs perfectly (in-house 8.1

Mb/s, transatlantic 2.5 Mb/s). You asked whether the XXX "stayed" after

registration. It certainly did on the bottom lable but I did not find

the version beeing shown as data anywhere.

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany! Wolfgang.