32 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 4:14 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Problem with remote - link not working

crush123 Newbie

I have just bought a Slingbox Pro-HD, and cannot get it to work successfully with my Humax HDR-Fox T2.

There is no remote for my PVR, Humax HDR-Fox T2, (Remote code RM-F04) a very popular make and model – (I found a bin file to download by Alan Richey, but this doesn’t seem to work either), though I suspect there may be problems with the IR blaster.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, i came across a link to this thread, Advanced IR Blaster or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting

but I am always redirected to the uk sling box home page.

UPDATE

I did find a thread on AV forums re the digital camera trick, and I can confirm that  see a faint white flash when I press the remote, so it looks like the IR blaster is working

• Re: Problem with remote - link not working
          alanrichey42 Master

That Custom Remote has been one of my more popular ones, downloaded and being used by well over 200 people, so I think we can safely assume the problem is at your end.   As you have proved the IR Blaster is working, I would suggest the placement on your device is the next area to check.

This also assumes you installed it correctly,  Not sure when you did it, but I updated that remote a few days ago with a new set of instructions.  Humax HDR Fox T2

And you might want to try the Custom Remote at Humax IR-FOX C with repeat set to zero  as that uses the same codes.

crush123 Newbie

Hi Alan, thanks for replying so swiftly,

I have a theory.

FYI

I also have a BT Humax Youview box, which I use occasionally, connected to the same TV

I set up the Slingbox with the Youview box after posting to this thread and it works well, using the DTR - T1000 remote.

I remember that in order to stop the humax and youview box remotes conflicting, you can change the settings on the humax box.

(I know the youview box/remote  cannot be changed in this way)

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-stop-my-other-Humax-devices-responding-to-my-YouView-remote-control-1370864294232/?q=how-do-i-control-my-tv-with-my-youview-remote-control&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

I am guessing that this is the reason why your remote doesn't work with MY humax.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work ?

alanrichey42 Master

No idea I'm afraid, I know nothing about these boxes except they use the same set of IR codes.  So unless you can figure out what that 'tweak' has actually changed in the IR stream I can't really help.    Unless you have access to a Logitech Harmony Remote (659, 650 or 'One') ?

crush123 Newbie

I don;t have a universal remote.

I DO have a galaxy tab3 with IR, so I will see if I can find an app for a 'learning' remote.

What info are you looking for, if I find it ?

alanrichey42 Master

Won't help I think.  The reason I suggest the Harmony is that you could learn the codes, transfer them to my Harmony account and I could install it on my Harmony and use that to 'mimic' the remote.

crush123 Newbie

Appreciate it.

I just ordered a Harmony 650 to learn the IR codes.

will post back when I get it.

Thanks again

alanrichey42 Master

OK, make sure you use the standalone software 7.70 (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/3806?section=downloads&osid=14)  and then teach the remote using my Harmony Account.

Username:   slingboxes

Password:    password

Then I can install it on mine.

crush123 Newbie

Hi Alan,

got my Harmony 650, I have updated the settings via the link you gave me,

Hopefully I have done it correctly.

Please let me know if theres anything else I need to do.

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

I just logged onto that account and the only device on there is one I thought did, an ADB TNR-2850S.  I thought yours was a Humax box ?

crush123 Newbie

Sorry, I'm still getting familiar with the interface,

I added a new 'digital set top box' and learned the remote codes.

Please take another look

alanrichey42 Master

Clever     What they did was change the unique device code from 0:16  to 254:16.   I don't think we would ever have guessed that, my money was on 1:16

New BIN files attached.

Any good ?

crush123 Newbie

Hi Alan,

a couple of buttons don't map correctly wtih the remote skin, but overall it works !

Fantastic.

alanrichey42 Master

Just tell me which and I can remap them

crush123 Newbie

Hi Alan,

Will do, as soon as I get my slingbox working again.

I was getting a connection error which I could not resolve, and so i did a reset,

Now I am unable to setup the box again - seems there is an error with 'older models' that slingbox is aware of

crush123 Newbie

Got fed up with My Pro-HD, I lost network connectivity, reset it, then couldn't set it up again.

As it was only a couple of weeks old, I took it back and got a 350 instead.

Have now set up my 350, pretty straightforward, an am using the bin file you provided for the Humax HDR-Fox T2 (Version 2).

Here's my findings with the remote...

Pretty much everything is working, but here are the few anomalies, as follows...

TV/Radio Button launches Media - (which is ok, as there is no media button on the skin, (but therefore cannot switch to radio))

Source button has no function and is inactive

Wide Button opens input list,

List button is inactive

Program (page) + and - are inactive

Opt+ brings up text

No TV Portal

Wholly unrelated, the picture is 4:3 in my browser, not 16:9

Thanks Alan

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                      Have now set up my 350, pretty straightforward, an am using the bin file you provided for the Humax HDR-Fox T2 (Version 2).

Here's my findings with the remote...

Pretty much everything is working, but here are the few anomalies, as follows...

Good.   Actually those errors have been there all the time in the normal remote, no idea why no-one else has mentioned it.

TV/Radio Button launches Media - (which is ok, as there is no media button on the skin, (but therefore cannot switch to radio)

Fixed.   Means you have lost the Media function of course, unless you want to map it onto another button,

Source button has no function and is inactive

Wide Button opens input list,

List button is inactive

Program (page) + and - are inactive

Opt+ brings up text

All fixed I think

No TV Portal

Wholly unrelated, the picture is 4:3 in my browser, not 16:9

Can't find a button for that ?

And have you changed the aspect in the Settings ?

Al

crush123 Newbie

Great, thanks for the updated bin file.

Here's what I have.

Source button still no function, (could you map the TV portal to that ?)

Wide button sends the correct IR signal

List button sends v-format code

Program + and - now work ok

Opt + now works OK

Notice there is no button for Media, could you use the list button for this ?

Volume change no longer works

BTW

Is it possible to use a different skin for the remote ?

With reference to the aspect Ratio, (maybe i should put this on another thread)

It is ok on the app for the apple ipad and my android tablet.

In my browser (mozilla plugin 2.4.0.63) and on WDTV it is 4:3 and I can't see anywhere to change the settings

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                              Source button still no function, (could you map the TV portal to that ?)

So you mean it is disabled or it just doesn't change the source ?   I could map the TV portal to it but then you would lose the source function?

List button sends v-format code

Whoops

Notice there is no button for Media, could you use the list button for this ?

I could, but then you would lose the List function,  is that OK ?

Volume change no longer works

A bit academic as Slingplayer never actually sends those codes, it uses them to control it's own volume.

Is it possible to use a different skin for the remote ?

Yes, provided Sling have actually produced the image.    Is there a supported device that will bring up the image you want (even if the buttons don't work) ?

In my browser (mozilla plugin 2.4.0.63) and on WDTV it is 4:3 and I can't see anywhere to change the setting

Image1.jpg

Can't help on the WDTV, don't have one,

Al

crush123 Newbie

Thanks for the pic - (sure I tried that !), but the aspect now appears, and I can change it successfully,

Re WDTV, a bit clunky, but pressing left arrow on setup gives the option to load controls on startup - you can set aspect ratio from there

wrt the remote skin, in setting up the 350, there is an option to choose the identical remote for the HDR-Fox T2, (i am convinced it was not there for the hd-pro)

When choosing the skin, go to satellite, (Though it ISN'T satellite -  its a freeview PVR), Humax, HD-Fox T2- the bottom of the remote is labelled RM-F04

This remote even has the record button, though the HD-Fox T2 doesn't have that facility.

As my machine has the alternate codes, the base version will not work for my machine, though it may work for others.

alanrichey42 Master

How about this ?

crush123 Newbie

hmm.

wrong skin, and none of the buttons work !?

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                              wrong skin, and none of the buttons work !?

Apart from that everything was perfect then ? 

Most odd , I just installed that BIN file on my 500 and I got what I thought was the correct skin ?

Image1.jpg

You did select    Satellite > Humax > Custom and then C1312_PL.BIN did you ?     If you select Satellite > Custom ...    you will get the default skin,

Also odd nothing worked as I didn't change any of the code values.   My worry is there used to be a bug in the 350 whereby if you used a special code like that it would actually ignore your Custom codes and download the official C1312 BIN file from the Sling database.  That, of course, would mean you would get the standard codes and they will not work for you.   However I thought that problem had been fixed.  Maybe it has come back ?

Unless you REALLY want the proper image, it may be better to just go with the default image, that way we can add all the functionality you need ?

Al

crush123 Newbie

C1312 ?

The attachment was the S1312, is that right ?

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, typo, yes S1312

crush123 Newbie

Ok, don't know what I did last time but I reconfigured the input and added the remote via Satellite->Humax->Custom

I now get the correct skin, (but none of the buttons work)

Maybe you are right about the bug. (Is it restricted to this particular remote skin ?)

The proper remote skin would be a nice to have, but if this is impractical, what I am looking for is the ability to use as many of the common functions of my PVR as possible.

Media, Guide and TV Portal are the 3 functions I would like, in addition to the basic functions, I will look through the other skins to see if there are any others with these options

The RM-F01 remote is pretty close, excepting it doesnt have a TV portal button, but the schedule button could be remapped ?

The RM-I08U also looks pretty good, (for HB-1000S) but don't know if slingbox has an image for this

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                              I now get the correct skin, (but none of the buttons work)

Maybe you are right about the bug. (Is it restricted to this particular remote skin ?)

No, it was a general bug.   I am clutching at straws here but try resetting ALL the inputs (if you hadn't before) before installing the remote.

For the moderators, could you confirm with the engineers that this bug is still in the 350 firmware and see if there is a workaround.   The full description of the bug is:

"When loading a Custom Remote that uses an exisiting build-in code (S1312 for Humax, S1123 for Sky...) then the Custom BIN file is discarded and the built-in BIN file off the Sling Server is installed instead"

The proper remote skin would be a nice to have, but if this is impractical, what I am looking for is the ability to use as many of the common functions of my PVR as possible.

Media, Guide and TV Portal are the 3 functions I would like, in addition to the basic functions, I will look through the other skins to see if there are any others with these options

That won't help now unless we get an answer from the moderators.   Meanwhile here is a fully functional remote using the default image.  Again you may have to reset ALL inputs first before installing it.   The extra functions are accessed by right-clicking on the image and are:

Custom 10     Media

Custom 11     TV Portal
                                                                                                              Custom 12     List
                                                                                                              Custom 13     TV/Radio
                                                                                                              Custom 14     Audio
                                                                                                              Custom 15     Add Bookmark
                                                                                                              Custom 16     Goto Bookmark
                                                                                                              Custom 17     Source
                                                                                                              Custom 18     V Format
                                                                                                              Custom 19     OPT +

Custom 27     Sleep    
                                                                                                              Custom 28     Wide
                                                                                                              Custom 29     Text

If you want either Media or TV Portal moved to the unused White button let me know.

Al