7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2014 12:42 PM by CACASLING RSS

ATT U-VERSE REMOTE

CACASLING

WHEN VIEWING THE REMOTE USING SLINGPLAYER, THE U-VERSE REMOTE BUTTON FOR "RECORDED TV" DOES NOT FUNCTION.  CANNOT VIEW AND SELECT MY RECORDED PROGRAMS FROM MY UVERSE HD-DVR.  Tested from desktop, both player versions, and tested from android tablet with same result.

• Re: ATT U-VERSE REMOTE
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello CACASLING,

Just something to try out.

With the current remote not letting you select your recordings, try reconfiguring your remote control.

Is your home remote Silver or Black? When reconfiguring your remote, select the following remote for ATT Uverse:

• If you have a Black remote, select "ATT Uverse (Black)"
          • If you have a Silver remote, select "ATT Uverse"

The remotes above are the universal remotes for Uverse.

If you are not familar with how to reconfigure for a different remote, have a look at this article below:

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

CACASLING

MY REMOTE PROBLEM REFERS TO ONE BUTTON NOT FUNCTIONING ON REMOTE WHEN VIEWING FROM THE SLING REMOTE SCREEN Thank you for your suggestion, but I fear you give little credit to my ability to program my remote.  It is black and it works just fine with everything other than the sling remote display on screen when I push the "recorded tv" button;  every other button works just fine.  The remote is not the problem, but I fear it is the software sling program for it.  Another possibility could be the fact that the router model does not appear on the sling list for setup.  My Uverse router IS MOTOROLA NVG589

CACASLING

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I am willing to try this, but need to know if this code is entered from my remote to the tv or somewhere in the sling setup. If Sling, where and how? I have never seen any code for remote, other than the original UVerse HD-DVR to use the TV.

CACASLING

FIXED,,, THANK YOU SO MUCH,,,,

Sometimes your eyes can fool you,,,

While tinkering to install the bin file, I had not noticed that while the original Cisco U-VERSE unit remote worked fine in the setup, it showed the button problem when connecting through the web to view.  Trying to setup again I noticed there was also a choice for simply att u-verse without the Cisco ( my unit is uverse cisco).  The simple uverse offered a choice for BLACK REMOTE and that's when my eyes saw the difference and now with the proper black remote, instead of silver, everything works fine.  Thanks for your help.  I had originally viewed your posting regarding the remote color and had ignored it, not realizing I was color blind.