10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2015 2:57 PM by mib24 RSS

Verizon Fios Quantum TV - "No Video Signal" error message

rinkstar

Slingbox worked fine with Verizon Fios Motorola  HD DVR QIP 7216 P2 500GB. Upgraded to Verizon Fios Quantum. Slingbox Pro HD does not work with the Arris IPC100. Please advise if there is a new configuartion I need to do as swapping HDMI, coax, and component cables between boxes did not work. Thank you

• Re: Verizon Fios Quantum TV - "No Video Signal" error message
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello rinkstar,

Have a look at this article below:

If you have take a look at this article before, at the bottom of the article it detail on using Component cables instead of HDMI cables. 

If you have tried this and still have no video try the following steps to see if you can get video:

1. Disconnect the HDMI cable from your devices altogether
          2. Run Component from Cable box OUT to Slingbox IN
          3. Run Component from Slingbox OUT to TV IN
          4. Power Cycle cable box (Unplug cable box from wall killing power, count to ten, plug back in)

Please note that these step do require you to remove the HDMI permanently from your cable box.

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

ACC5573564

Hi Kevin,

I replied to a more recent post but assuming you are a colleague is still around. See question in response to your suggested action:

So this issues was posted over a year ago and Kevin posted a suggested fix. Did that help anyone? Seems like every comment after that did not confirm or deny if the fix worked.

For over a year I used only RCA (red, white and yellow)cables to stream from STB to my slingbox Pro and it worked fine but only as standard definition. I recently changed out the RCA cables with the component cables AND HDMI. All of a sudden I can't get anything. Both connections are set up properly. I either get a black screen (HDMI) or a blue weak or no signal screen (component). This is ridiculous. Can someone confirm they are having this exact same issue? And by the way when I 1st made the change it worked on ipad/iphone sporadically but would eventually settle on the weak signal message. Now that I'm 500 miles away and may have to request mom or someone at the home where the sling box is connected to try this other method. My obvious complaint is that I will now have to purchase an extra set of component cable to go from sling box to TV as the HDMI cable I currently have was provided by Fios. Wondering why the slingbox out to TV in would effect the video I am receiving directly from the sling box via internet connection? Any clarity would be helpful!

Thanks,

Clarence

mattmcl1

I am having the exact same problem with my SlingBox 350 (although my Solo HD seems to work) using component cables.  I tried downgrading signal to 1080i (the 1080p signal was 60Hz which isn't supported over SlingBox 350 on component cables) and that seemed to work briefly but now the problem is happening again.

Anyone else having this issue and get it fixed?

Does anyone know the resolution / frequency support of the new M1??

rinkstar

Update: The system worked with that configuration for weeks, not months. Had to disconnect and reconnect (reboot) multiple times to get it to once again work. Since the most recent Verizon FIOS Quantum DVR guide software update, have not been able to get the Slingbox PRO-HD to work.

brw16

I do computers for a living and know how all this is supposed to work. Before I switched to Quantum my Slingbox Pro-HD worked fine with the Motorola STB. Now that I have a Quantum VMS1100 it only works with TV powered on and the STB set to 1080i. This means if I'm traveling I have to leave the TV on which is unacceptable. Note that I got it to work properly sporadically but it didn't last. I've reported this to Verizon but best I can tell the bug has been around for over a year and still hasn't been addressed!

RJNaeder

I JUST FOUND A POST THAT STATED THAT CHANGING YOUR RESOLUTION FROM 1080P TO 1080I WILL ALLOW YOUR SLINGBOX PRO-HD TO WORK WITH THE QUANTUM VMS1100 SET TOP BOXES. I TRIED IT AND IT WORKS FINE. MAKE SURE YOU SET VIDEO QUALITY TO HD!!!

brw16

Thanks. I already knew that and it worked for a while but no longer does or only does occasionally. It depends on the particular STB (I tried swapping mine). Also, that’s not an acceptable solution since I want the STB to use 1080p for the TV. I’ve come up with a kludge that does seem to work by routing the HDMI signal through another powered device, then on to the TV instead of directly to the TV. As long as I leave the device on all the time the component video outputs on the STB to the Slingbox remains live and Slingbox works. But it also causes the ability to change channels using the remote next time I watch TV to fail unless I power the STB off and on. I’ve been in touch with Verizon and they claim they’re aware of the problem but can’t provide any firm date (if at all) for a fix.

I think it’s in Slingbox’s interest to press the issue with Verizon.

ACC5573564

So this issues was posted over a year ago and Kevin posted a suggested fix. Did that help anyone? Seems like every comment after that did not confirm or deny if the fix worked.

For over a year I used only RCA (red, white and yellow)cables to stream from STB to my slingbox Pro and it worked fine but only as standard definition. I recently changed out the RCA cables with the component cables AND HDMI. All of a sudden I can't get anything. Both connections are set up properly. I either get a black screen (HDMI) or a blue weak or no signal screen (component). This is ridiculous. Can someone confirm they are having this exact same issue? And by the way when I 1st made the change it worked on ipad/iphone sporadically. Now that I'm 500 miles away its not working.

Thanks,

Clarence

mib24

I am having this exact same problem. Came out of nowhere. There must be some way to fool the stb or set it so it isn't depenent on the tv being on.