3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2010 1:31 PM by eferz RSS

Question regarding connection

mthomp2020

I purchased slinglink turbo so I could use On Demand with DirecTV.  Set it up per instructions.  However, it isn't downloading the channels, so it looks like I'm not getting a connection.  I have one box connected to our wireless router, and one to the DVR.  The lights are on, though the link and internet lights blink continously.  Are they supposed to blink, or stay on continously?  I've plugged them into wall outlets that have nothing else plugged into them.  I'm not using a slingbox.  It's been over 24 hours since I set it up, so that's not the issue, as it takes that long for the download from DirecTV.

I do show the local area network as being disabled, but the wireless network is fine.  Could just simply enabling the LAN solve this problem?  Or would it cause an issue with the wireless network?  I'm no technoid, so I could really use some help here!  I only pretend to know what I'm doing!

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers/suggestions.

• Re: Question regarding connection
          eferz Expert

Is this helpful? (http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000041.html or http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000022.html)

mthomp2020 wrote:

I do show the local area network as being disabled, but the wireless network is fine.  Could just simply enabling the LAN solve this problem?  Or would it cause an issue with the wireless network? 

I'm not sure where you're getting that information but the local arena network is your network.  Not sure how that thing differenciates the Wired Network or Wireless Network, but they both exists within your local area network.

mthomp2020

I pulled up  the connection icon at the bottom of the screen, and it says that the local area connection is disconnected.  Of course, that is not the same as the local area network (doh!).  See, I told ya I wasn't a technoid!

I had already gone over all the troubleshooting articles.

Are you currently using the slinglink?  If so, do the lights stay on continously, or do the keep blinking?  If they're supposed to blink, then it looks like I should have a connection, but it isn't working.  And here I thought it would be simple!  Murphy's Law, I guess.

eferz Expert

mthomp2020 wrote:

I pulled up  the connection icon at the bottom of the screen, and it says that the local area connection is disconnected.  Of course, that is not the same as the local area network (doh!).  See, I told ya I wasn't a technoid!

The connection icon at the bottom of what screen?