5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 12:29 AM by NP241Sling RSS

Slingbox (Solo) shows my location as USA not UK

NP241Sling

I live in the UK but when I log in (even in the UK) it shows my initial location as the US. Is this a Slingbox setting and can I change it - if so, how?

Thanks

Neilp241

• Re: Slingbox (Solo) shows my location as USA not UK
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello NP241Sling,

I understand that your Slingbox Solo located in the UK is listed as being in the USA. Be aware that Slingboxes are typically regionalized, therefore if the Slingbox you have is stating that it is in the USA; then it is highly likely that this was a Slingbox designed for use in the USA. Now I have two questions:

1. Where was this Slingbox Solo purchased?
          2. Are you experiencing any other issues other than the location being incorrect?

Thanks,

Stanley

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

NP241Sling

Hi Stanley, thanks for the reply. I bought the Slingbox from Amazon (in the UK) in April 2013. No issues with access as long as the Wi-Fi is strong enough. It was bought as my company now has me travelling a lot so it's a way of keeping up with UK TV. No problem with switching from US to UK but I was concerned that it may affect other programmes because the default when starting up is the US. Just wondering if there's a quick fix so that it boots up as UK.

Thanks

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 17:51:35 -0700

To: neilp241@outlook.com

Subject: Re: - Slingbox (Solo) shows my location as USA not UK

Slingbox Answers Forum

Slingbox (Solo) shows my location as USA not UK

reply from stanley.sling in General Slingbox SOLO Questions - View the full discussion

Hello NP241Sling,

I understand that your Slingbox Solo located in the UK is listed as being in the USA. Be aware that Slingboxes are typically regionalized, therefore if the Slingbox you have is stating that is it in the USA; then it is highly likely that this was a Slingbox designed for use in the USA. Now I have two questions:

Where was this Slingbox Solo purchased?Are you experiencing any other issues other than the location being incorrect? Thanks,

Stanley

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox SOLO Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

callanish Apprentice

Go to slingbox.com. Press on the U.S flag at the top right corner of the screen . The option to pick another country comes up, then pick the U.K, or when you sign into http://newwatch.slingbox.com/, you'll also see U.S in the top right corner. Click on it, change it to U.K, done.

The reason I change it from one country to the next is if when I need to order replacement parts ( like a power supply ) due to operating a second slingbox in another country.