1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 11:01 AM by kevin.sling RSS

IR questions

Danbgood

Slingbox 500 IR signals wreak havoc in electronics cabinet with multiple cable boxes.  To remedy, I had to put the slingbox inside a cardboard box to shield the signals from the device.  I placed the IR blaster cable on the front of the DVR I wanted to use (sits on top of a second identical cable box).  Of course the IR signal from the blaster was too strong so I had to cover with black electrical tape to isolate from second cable box.  

2 questions -

Is there a way to turn off the internal IR signals coming from the slingbox 500 unit itself?  (Would allow me to take unit out of box and place in cabinet)

Does anyone know how to use a standard IR EMITTER cable with a slingbox? The plug on the supplied IR blaster is different size than all of the other IR cables I have.

• Re: IR questions
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello Danbgood,

To answer your first question, "Is there a way to turn off the internal IR signals coming from the Slingbox 500 unit itself?", no there is no way to shut this feature off.

And to your second question, "Does anyone know how to use a standard IR EMITTER cable with a Slingbox?",  keep in mind that if a different External IR that was not supplied by Sling is used, this would not be supported.  If anything happens where the remote stops working, an agent would recommend to use the Sling Media External IR.

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team