4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 12:40 PM by aspinallj RSS

Slingbox Solo stopped working

aspinallj

Hi,

I have had a Slingbox Solo for a number of years and it's always worked fine. However a couple of weeks ago I couldn't connect from my iPhone and iPad SlingPLayers while I was away from home. When I got home I tried from our iMac via Safari but it couldn't find the Slingbox on the network.

I reset the Slingbox and the Setup function finds it okay but when I go to the Video Source section, it says "Detecting Video on the undefined Slingbox input" but it never responds again. I've tried both a Virgin V+ box (that is usually connected) and also a DVD player but it's the same for both.

Has anyone any ideas please?

Regards,

John

• Re: Slingbox Solo stopped working
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello aspinallj,

Sorry to hear that your Slingbox Solo stopped working on you.

Just had a few questions for you:

• Are you using a MAC or Windows computer and what operating system do you have?
          • Where are you trying to set up the Solo again, setup.slingbox.com or the desktop software?

Have a look at the support web browser article below if you are on an older operating system:

If you are on an older operating system, and are using setup.slingbox.com, you may have to use the desktop software available from the following links:

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

aspinallj

Kevin,

Firstly many thanks for responding to my cry for help, I appreciate it. To answer your questions:

I use a Mac running the most recent version of Mavericks and Safari

Up to receiving your message I have been trying to use the Watch option from the website but I have now loaded SlingPlayer for Mac and I’ve tried using that this evening but without success

I will put a proper summary together of the problems shortly.

Regards,

John Aspinall

aspinallj

Kevin,

As promised I’ve revisited the setup and was taking screenshots of all the steps in the SlingPlayer setup process when, I’m pleased to say, it worked perfectly. I have no idea why, I haven’t touched my SlingBox nor changed any router settings of my home network.

I’ve also tried it using my iPad SlingPlayer and it’s worked perfectly on that.

Thanks for taking and interest, I hope it stays working going forward.

Regards,

John Aspinall

aspinallj

Kevin,

As promised I’ve revisited the setup and was taking screenshots of all the steps in the SlingPlayer setup process when, I’m pleased to say, it worked perfectly. I have no idea why, I haven’t touched my SlingBox nor changed any router settings of my home network.

I’ve also tried it using my iPad SlingPlayer and it’s worked perfectly on that.

Thanks for taking and interest, I hope it stays working going forward.

Regards,

John Aspinall