2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 2:37 PM by kevin.sling RSS

Auto-Connect or Launch Preference not working

galak

Hi, I'm trying to use the function to Auto-Connect my Slingplayer on iPad to my Slingbox SOLO, but it doesn't work.

The old Slingplayer App for iOS 5.X used to work (I forgot what Slingplayer Version it was)

Before (working):

1) Click on Slingplayer app (for first time, app not in task bar)

2) Slingplayer app opens and connects to TV directly and starts streaming Channel.

3) Click iPad home button to exit app

4) Click on Slingplayer app

5) Slingplayer app opens and connects to TV directly and starts streaming Channel.

Works perfectly

Now on Slingplayer App Version 2.4.4 for iOS 6.1 (not working) iPad3

2) Slingplayer app opens and connects to TV directly and starts streaming Channel.

5) Slingplayer app opens but just shows the menu bar (Settings | Connect | Guide | Directory | Help)

Now on Slingplayer App Version newest avaliable in App store for iOS 7.1 (not working) iPad2

5) Slingplayer app opens but just shows the menu bar (Live TV | Gallery | Guide | Controls | Recent | Search | Settings) and is on Gallery portion of the app.

For version 2.4.4, I have the Launch preference set as "Automatically Connect and Watch TV"

For the newest version, I forgot what the option says, but something along the lines of "Auto-Launch on Startup)

Please help me fix this problem. It's for a family member who had a stroke, and he is only able to launch the app, anything more than that is too complicated.

Thanks in advance. Let me know if you have any questions