9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2014 5:27 PM by stanley.sling RSS

Getting 'Box is in invalid state' error when I try to watch online

ACC6138160

I recently got a slingbox 500. I got it to work and was able to watch online on my laptop. I am living away from home for the next couple of months. I just left today. I left my tv, dvr cable box, and my slingbox at home without moving any of it. All of it is still on. I went to watch online today when I got to my destination, which I am out of state from my home now. I got this error: Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 12.08.59 AM.png

I called my parents to help me fix this issue, which they also have one downstairs in our family room for their travels. I had them go through the steps and they proceeded to download the original update, choose the network that it was previously connected to, and signed my email in. I refreshed, and still got the same error. I wasn't sure if it was something to do with my new network connection, so I signed into their account and was able to watch what was on tv downstairs from my computer. My mom was even able to sign in on my account on her computer and watch what was on my tv. I need help fixing this issue. Thanks