3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2014 2:26 PM by DaytonaZ33 RSS

Web Slingplayer no longer works

sangsland

The IPad app works fine, but the laptop stays on intializing and never goes anywhere.  Is there an update?  Id rather watch on the laptop for the screen size.

• Re: Web Slingplayer no longer works
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello sangsland,

I have three quick questions for you:

• Your laptop computer, is it a MAC or a Windows laptop?
          • What is the operating system of your laptop?
          • Which web browser are you trying to connect with under your laptop?

The reason why I am asking is because depending on your operating system, the operating system could be not supported.  Also, depending on the web browser you are using, the web browser could be blocking the SlingPlayer for Web plug-in.

If you want to know if your operating system is support, please take a look at the following article:

Awaiting your response!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

sangsland

I see I have IE 9.  It worked fine the last couple of years.  I guess those days are over. 

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad

DaytonaZ33

This is on your end Sling. Either on your backend or in your plugin, this is something going on with you.

I reinstalled Windows 8.1 from scratch, only loaded one piece of software: Firefox 29, with only one plugin: your Slingbox player plugin, and it still doesn't work on Firefox. Sits on "Connecting to My Slingbox" until an error pops up saying "SlingPlayer Web Plug-in may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete."

I can get it to work from Internet Explorer, but not Firefox. Which means at the very least your Firefox plugin is broken.

Setup

Slingbox 350, wired directly into Asus RT-N66U router.

OS: Clean install of Windows 8.1U1, no software installed other than Firefox 29 and your plugin. When Firefox 30 came out, updated to that with no change.

PC:

Core i7 930 CPU

24 GB PC3-12800 RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 670 GPU

OCZ-Vertex 4 250GB SSD

WD 1TB HDD

Asus RT-N66U Wireless N Dualband 2.4/5GHz Router.

Comcast 105/25 Mbps Down/Uplink