1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 16, 2010 9:59 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Question: Buy Slingbox Solo in USA and use it in Israel - Possible?

DKNewYork

Hi,

I currently live in USA and want to purchase and use here the Slingbox Solo to watch it from my work - no problem with that.

In the next year I am planning to move to Israel for few years and would like to take the Slingbox Solo with me.

I have 2 questions regarding that:

1. Will I have a problem connecting the unit in Israel because the electricity there is 220V and not 110v like here?

(On the website it's written that the AC adapter is 100-120V, 50-60Hz, but usually it's written only to reduce purchases of a product from different continents. Most of the companies produce the AC adapters 100-240V cause it's simply cheaper!  Is this the case with the slingbox as well?)

2. The NTSC/PAL issue.   The broadcasting method in the US is NTSC, in Israel it's PAL.  Will I have a problem using the Slingbox Solo in Israel, or the unit supports both options?

Thanks a lot,

DK.

• Re: Question: Buy Slingbox Solo in USA and use it in Israel - Possible?
          alanrichey42 Master
          1. Will I have a problem connecting the unit in Israel because the electricity there is 220V and not 110v like here?

(On the website it's written that the AC adapter is 100-120V, 50-60Hz, but usually it's written only to reduce purchases of a product from different continents. Most of the companies produce the AC adapters 100-240V cause it's simply cheaper!  Is this the case with the slingbox as well?)

2. The NTSC/PAL issue.   The broadcasting method in the US is NTSC, in Israel it's PAL.  Will I have a problem using the Slingbox Solo in Israel, or the unit supports both options?

Thanks a lot,

DK.

The Solo uses a 'power brick' so as long as you buy one that delivers the correct output voltage and current (I can't remember off-hand but it will say on your power supply) then there is no problem.

As the Solo does not have a built-in Tuner it is irrelevant.  Although the Composite Input is techically one or the other, in practice you can use either.  I have been using a US Slingbox in the UK for years without any problem.