3 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2014 8:59 AM by cody.sling RSS

Avoid TV powerup using DirecTV HR24

sanssome1

I have a slingbox 350 connected to a DirecTV HR24 DVR. I find that using the power on function on the remote powers on my TV in addition to the HR24. It doesn't matter which power button I use, both the receiver PWR button in the center of the remote and the combination DirecTV and TV power button on the top right power on both the receiver and TV. How can I prevent the power on function from powering up my TV?

• Re: Avoid TV powerup using DirecTV HR24
          cody.sling Novice

Hey sanssome1,

Thank you for posting to the Forums. I understand the frustration that this can cause, lets see what we can do.

I do have a few questions for you, to better find the cause and solution for you.

1. Do you have the DirecTVHR24 connected with an HDMI cable to the TV?
          2. Do you have the Slingbox/DirecTVHR24 connected to a SmarTV?
          3. If you do have a SmarTV connected, has there been a recent update?

Awaiting your reply,

Cody

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

sanssome1

Yes, the Sling is connected to the HR24 by way of an HDMI cable. The HR24

attached to an LG 42" LCD TV with no smart TV capabilties to the best of my

knowledge and it is not network connected. Using the DTV power button on

the remote only powers on the HR24, not the TV. The remote is programmed

for the LG TV and the combo HR24/TV power button turns on both devices.

cody.sling Novice

Hello sanssome1,

Thank you for your reply. The reason why I asked those questions, is because there have been updates to SmarTVs. The update has to do with HDMI specific settings in the TV.

The update deals with Consumer Electronics Control. This enables the TV to turn on automatically, when receiving a signal through the HDMI cable. I believe that you may be having this issue.

In order to test this, you will need to call the TV manufacturer and ask about "Consumer Electronics Control"  and see if your TV has this setting and the steps to turn it off.

Once the setting is turned off, this issue should be resolved.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team