7 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2015 6:06 PM by zwief RSS

No sound from COAX on HD-PRO

mduque

Hello

I recently bought a slingbox pro-hd who has been a disappointment.

I have a coaxial cable service that inject ditectly in my slingbox. I see well and hear fine on tv where do passthrue signal but on the pc I can only see picture no sound.

I have made several attempts but i can not resole these problem.

I wish someone could help me please

Best Regards
      Miguel

• Re: No sound from COAX on HD-PRO
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello mduque,

You mentioned that you have audio on the pass through to the TV and no audio on through your computer.

Just wanted to to let you know that when you watch your Slingbox on your computer and try to increase the volume on the SlingPlayer for Web or through the desktop software, the volume is being adjusted on your computer only.  The Slingbox does not control the volume from your video source.

Something to check out:

• Go to youtube.com and play a random video.  If you have no volume there as well, the issue is the computer not the Slingbox.  I would recommend going into your Volume Controls of your computer to verify if the volume is not muted.

You can find the Volume Controls in the Control Panel of a Windows Computer.

Hope this Helps!!! 

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

mduque

Thanks for you responde.

But the problem is not sure with ther pc sound because if i change to output of my slingbox from coax to composite i imediatly star to wear the sound.

I already try to find web for solutions but until now i can't and i hope someone coud help me.

Thanks and best regards.

Miguel

kevin.sling Apprentice

Hey mduque,

Then if that is the case then you may have an issue with the coaxial input of your Slingbox.  I would recommend not using the coaxial input and just use the Composite input, the one that you confirmed you have audio with.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

mduque

I dont understant because i use my sling to pass thru the caoxial signal from the provider to my tv and all work greath, but when i trie to see the imagem in pc or phone app i cant wear any sound. Like I said before i bought mu sling recently and if its a malfuntiont could i change for another one.

Best Regards

Miguel

bishalpun

I to have to the same problem with sligbox pro HD. Earlier I used to have both sound and videos from Coax input, now after firmware upgrade there is not sound. Can sligbox tech team have any solution for this problem?

regards

zwief

Same situation here. I upgraded my Slingbox Pro HD and configured using coax audio and component video. Image is great, but all I get is hiss for audio. I've tried two different cable boxes and verified the audio cables are good.

Prior to upgrading the software I was using composite video and coax audio, which worked well. But I wanted HD and component video wouldn't work under any circumstances. Now that works, after the software upgrade, but the audio doesn't.

Of note, the hissing is mutable via the remote! So audio is coming through, but it is only hiss.

I hope the folks at Sling Media fix this ASAP!

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

zwief

Well this is humbling...

I fixed the problem by noticing that I had the audio cables still in the audio ports next to the composite video port. Moving them to the audio ports next to the component ports, of course, fixed the problem.