3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 11:44 AM by cody.sling RSS

Can I use two Slingboxes (with separate PVRs) on one router?

keidheuch

As the subject says, I would like to be able to have two Slingboxes hooked up to two different PVR's connected off one Internet router and be able to access either one of them. Will there be any conflict? Does the Sling Player web interface expect only one Slingbox per I.P. address or is it based on unique serial no.s of the two boxes? I'll have more than enough upstream bandwidth for two devices.

Thanks!

• Re: Can I use two Slingboxes (with separate PVRs) on one router?
          OvCollyer Apprentice

This will work fine, I do the same myself.

• Re: Can I use two Slingboxes (with separate PVRs) on one router?
            cody.sling Novice

Hey keidheuch,

Thank you for posting to the Forums. These are excellent questions. Lets get to answering them.

Q: Will there be any conflict?

A: No, there should not be any conflict connecting numerous Slingbox models to the same router.

Q: Does the Sling Player web interface expect only one Slingbox per I.P.  address or is it based on unique serial no.s of the two boxes?

A: No, the SlingPlayer interface does not expect one Slingbox per IP address and it is not based off a unique serial number. When you connect a Slingbox to the router, it connects to the IP address and then assisgns a port for the Slingbox. When you connect another Slingbox on the same router, the second Slingbox will port forward itself to the next available port and will connect through that port.

If there are any issues with connecting the multiple Slingbox models to the same router, you should always make sure that the Slingbox models are connecting to two different ports. If they are connecting to the same port, you can use the link provided below, to port forward the Slingbox.

If you have any more questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to post back.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Answers Forum Moderation Team