2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2010 8:05 PM by rickthestick25 RSS

Ant In not working but other inputs do

bnews987

Hi,

I pulled my slingbox pro out of the closet to get it working and after hours trying to get past the configuration without it saying your slingbox cannot be found at some point the problem seems to be with ant in.  I was able to hookup a dvd player via s-video a video camera via composite and finish the setup wizard.  I was able to upgade to the latest software but when I try to configure the ant in I get the message the connection to your slingbox has been lost message.  It has gone far enough to show static and

Also, half the time I get a server busy modal window and have to use task manager to close slingplayer.

I have windows 7 and have used 2 different coaxial cables that work when connected to the cable box.

Now the box has gone down after this and I cannot connect again and I get this error.

Error: 0x923400dc

• Context: 0
      • Operation:3

The Slingbox has reset the connection, which disconnected SlingPlayer.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400dc.]

The operation failed because of invalid state.

I have unplugged it and plugged it back in but that is all I have done at this point.  It is now set to Coaxial for current input and I cannot get it to stay connected to switch it to another input.  I can go part way through the setup wizard but when I try to select any of them now it loses the connection.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this.  I appreciate any help I can get.

I also am getting these while trying to change thin input in the wizard.  1 error message each time but they change.

There's been an unspecified error.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x80004005.]

SlingPlayer is unable to render the video stream.

Failed to start the renderer

The Slingbox has reset the connection, which disconnected SlingPlayer.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x923400dc.]

The operation failed because of invalid state.

Thanks,

Bryan

• Re: Ant In not working but other inputs do
          BrandonC Novice

Great post on your issues. Wish more folks would include more information like you did.

I will try and walk you through a few things. If this doesn't help try hitting me up live here and maybe we can resolve it.

Do a hard reset on your Slingbox.  Afterwards make sure that both the power and network lights are on solid

Run your Windows SlingPlayer program, assuming it's 2.0.4.x, and see if it shows you that you have an unconfigured Slingbox. If not then there is a problem.

If so then tell it you want to set it up and see how far you get. If you get to the scan channels and it doesn't work or gives you an error message let me know the exact spot that it does.

• Re: Ant In not working but other inputs do
              rickthestick25

My ant in port doesn't work either. If i plug a tv into the cable it works just fine but when I plug it into the slingbox the it doesn't feed any video. I can use the s-video but the sound doesn't work on the s-video. I tried the system reset and I was able to reconfigure the device but it still says weak or no video signal when I have the cable connected. What's wierd too is that when I go into the setup assistant and click on set up your slingbox, it says that this slingbox was not originally designed to be used in the USA. You may not be able to configure this slingbox for some devices in this new location. I bought it at Best Buy in Massachusetts and it was working fine for two years until it just stopped working. Any ideas?