4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 1:07 PM by cody.sling RSS

Mobile SlingNeed

brandonv

I bought a SlingBox 500, which is working great on my tv and andriod phone.  I also bought a Roku 1 to run the SlingBox on for my RV.  I installed the SlingPlayer app on my Roku.  I installed the Roku in the RV and connected it to my android phone via hotspot.  When I try to run the sling app on the roku using my hotspot, it wont work.   I called tech support and they suggested I post here....

ANY help is greatly appreciated!

• Re: Mobile SlingNeed
          alanrichey42 Master

Unfortunately 'it won't work' doesn't tell us a thing.  You need to be much more specific as to the problem. 

(Would you phone a mechanic and say "my car won't work, what's wrong with it" ? )

Al

brandonv

So after I've done everything I expressed to start this thread - when I launch the slingplayer app on my roku, a sling screen loads and asks me if i need a roku and click for more info.  When I click more info, nothing happens.  The screen doesnt change.  I am not sure what else to tell you, what I am expressing is what is happening.

The Roku plays Amazon Prime and Netflix with no issue so connectivity with my mobile hotspot is positive. 

Please let me know if there is something more specifc I can provide -

Again, thanks for your time and assistance - I know I dont have time to post to 9000 issues.

alanrichey42 Master
                  ...when I launch the slingplayer app on my roku, a sling screen loads and asks me if i need a roku and click for more info.  When I click more info, nothing happens.  The screen doesnt change.

OK, much better.   I may not be able to help though, as when I launch the slingplayer app on my Roku I get this screen:

Image1.jpg

and that doesn't mention anything about needing a Roku or more info.  It just tells me to start the iOS/Android app, which I do and it works.

Can you show us a screenshot of what you are getting ?

Al

cody.sling Novice

Hello brandonv,

Thank you for posting to the Forums. When you try to connect to the Slingbox using the Roku, do you connect to the SlingPlayer application on your Android phone and then use the Roku Streaming icon on the SlingPlayer? Or are you just trying to access the Slingbox from the Roku?

In order to use the Roku with the Slingbox, you have to have the SlingPlayer application on either a compatible Android smartphone or a compatible iPhone. Provided below is an article that will better assist you resolving this issue.

If after going through this article and you still cannot receive video on the Roku, please reply with the issue and any errors that may occur.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Sling Media

Answers Forums Moderation Team