1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 28, 2014 1:38 PM by kevin.sling RSS

sling box dissconnect

morgan10

am away from home , have a new slingbox pro hd , it worked for fdour days!!! cannot connect now. A friend has been to my home in uk turned off power to my router and sling box to try to re boot. router shows strong internet connection and both red lights on sling box are solid, but still cannot conect what do i do now? Keith

• Re: sling box dissconnect
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hey morgan10,

Just something to have your friend check out at the home location of the Slingbox.

Have your friend go to setup.slingbox.com on a computer on the  same network as your Slingbox and click on "Get Started".  Once  there, click on "Set Up Internet Viewing".

The following is an image of what your friend should see:

Set up Internet Viewing.jpg

This will test out your router settings, and if it passes, you should be able  to watch on your all your devices including your PC.  If for some reason the message shows up as  almost complete or unsuccessful, you may have to have your friend port forward your router.

The following link is where you can find information on your router if you  have to port forward it:

If this still does not work for you, have your friend contact UK support at (020) 7294 0157.

Hope this helps!! 

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team