5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 10:51 PM by alanrichey42 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Foxtel iq2 remote

slingbobby77

Does anyone know how to get this to work.

• Re: Foxtel iq2 remote
            EpaL

Ok so it looks like my last post on this subject was censored - nice. I'll try and tone this one down a little 'kay?

My question is: why did I buy this expensive gadget when it does not properly support the 2 most widely used Cable/Sattelite STBs in the country?

.. Foxtel iQ and Foxtel iQ2.

Sling has been officially sold here for several years now and there is still no proper support for the Foxtel STBs. What's worse, the sister set top box (Sky+) made by exactly the same manufacturer (Pace) is fully supported and would only require very minor changes to the IR codes to make it work. It's not like this is a big peice of work!

Instead we have to rely on the good will of generous people who dedicate their time (for free) to help support other users. Now that solution no longer works and we're officially 'not supported' until someone else can figure out how to 'hack' support back in to the web player.

So please Sling, will you please dedicate some time to supporting the Australian market properly and have someone look into adding Foxtel. It would be GREATLY appreciated.

AlRichey Novice
                Instead we have to rely on the good will of generous people who dedicate their time (for free) to help support other users. Now that solution no longer works and we're officially 'not supported' until someone else can figure out how to 'hack' support back in to the web player.

Actually it still works.  Whilst is was an incomprehensible decision by Sling to remove support for Custom Remotes from WebSlingPlayer when there were so many unsupported devices, you can still install a Custom Remote using the standalone Slingplayer and it will appear in WebSlingPlayer.

Al

bunkerjon

Slingbox has just updated their site (in the US it seems) and the watch.slingbox.com is up and running again. However it has created a problem with SlingPlayer. When opening up Setup Assistant in settings, an error code appears about "unable to find country". Then, when attempting to configure my input for the Foxtel IQ2 (using the downloadable code - thanks!) the Setup Assistant gets in a loading loop. I have successfully loaded the Foxtel code on a different input source before but now that is lost. Not sure whether others are experiencing this?

JB