9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 9:47 PM by ferguspa RSS

How to configure raw video

johnffarley

I have a Slingbox Pro HD and am adding a 2nd raw video feed (S-video in). I had problems when I put the first video feed in and tech support finally figured out how to do it but with the current configuration screens available you have to pick some sort of device and therre is no generic video input...

• Re: How to configure raw video
          alanrichey42 Master

The only reason for picking a device is to get a virtual remote to control the device.   If you don't have a device then it doesn't matter which one you pick.   Anything will do.

johnffarley

Thanks for the input but ... if I do not congiure my video input I cannot select it when using my iPad or iPhone. My other camera - using an old Sling installer - is configured as 'other' and then becomes selctable from the iOS devices but I do not have that option with the current Sling web page. Why does Sling make this so hard?

ferguspa Apprentice

For the equivalent of "other" on newwatch.slingbox.com, When you reach the "TV Service" set of the setup assistant select the option for "My A/V device is not controllable".  Thus there will be no SlingPlayer remote configured, but the video fed into the Slingbox to be able to be streamed across the Internet.

johnffarley

I have no idea where the items you referenced are. When going from sling.com ->watch -> settings all I get is 'configure input screen' which lets me select which input to configure..When I select the s-video (this is where my second camera is connected) it takes me to a 'remote control setup' .. no other options - never see any 'TV service'ptions..

ferguspa Apprentice

This is assuming the setup assistant for your Pro-HD matches my 350 And it looks like your setup assistant is different per the screenshots on this KBase article.

- Go to newwatch.slingbox.com

- Start watching the Slingbox of interest

- Click "Settings"

- Click "Configure Input"

- Select the radio button next to the S-Video input

- Assuming the S-Video input isn't configured, click "Next".  Otherwise click "Reset" and then click "Next"

- For the TV service, scroll down to "My A/V device is not controllable"

tv_service.png

ferguspa Apprentice

But as alanrichey42 said, you should be able to set this up with any remote.  Once a (dummy) remote is selected, the Slingbox accepts video (in this case on the S-Video input) and streams it--the Slingbox shouldn't care what device is actually feeding the S-Video input as long as it's generating a valid S-Video signal.

johnffarley

SO .. just select any random 'supported device'?  Why can I not get it defined as other as my first camera is configured.  When sling changed their configuration process a couple of years ago it got really difficult to set up.

ferguspa Apprentice

Yes, any random supported device.

Why? S-Video is S-Video whether it's coming from a supported device or an unsupported device.  You can look around in the "Miscellaneous" area in the Remote Control Setup for an "Other" device or something similar, but in the end it won't matter what you pick as long as you pick something.

Select_Device_Type.png