8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2014 10:09 AM by kevin.sling RSS

video quality limited on android mobile (Slingbox Pro)

noplayj

How come I can not receive hd quality on my phone app on the Samsung Note? Before the last two updates I had no problem. I keep getting the answer to  update my software, but I've already done that. Can anyone give me a better answer. I have a Slingbox Pro, 12mbps connection and LTE on my  phone. Any help would be highly appreciated.

• Re: video quality limited on android mobile (Slingbox Pro)
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hey noplayj,

For the use of SlingPlayer for Android Phones, having a Slingbox Pro is not recommended for use, even if it has worked properly in the past.

Here is an article that explains which Slingbox's are compatible with mobile applications:

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team

noplayj

Is there any way I could get the old software, the software that used to get me high definition quality?

kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello noplayj,

Just wanted to touch bases with you.

At this point there is no way on going to previous firmware on Slingbox's.  Even if there was a way, Slingbox Pro's were never meant to work with mobile applications, even if it worked before.  The only Slingbox models that are for mobile applications are as follows:

• Slingbox SOLO
                  • Slingbox Pro-HD
                  • Slingbox 350
                  • Slingbox 500

The article I provided before will give more information on this.

Kevin

noplayj

Thanks for replying Kevin Sling. But the whole purpose of me purchasing the Slingbox and Sling Player twice (Windows mobile and now android $60 worth) was because I could get high definition quality on my mobile phone. Now you say that the Pro was never meant to get high definition on mobile when it said it was suppose to and did. I just want to know WHY and is there any way Sling can fix that? Love my Pro and not getting mad at you (Kevin) but would like to get a straight answer. Once again thank you for replying and hope to get an answer.

Longtime loyal Slingbox user,

The Infamous NO PLAY J

kevin.sling Apprentice

Hey noplayj,

When you stated that the SlingPlayer for Windows mobile and SlingPlayer for Android mobile stated that it supported Slingbox PRO, where did you see this?

Under the system requirements on the following link, the only Slingbox's that will work with those applications are Slingbox Solo, Slingbox Pro-HD, Slingbox 350, and Slingbox 500:

If there is documentation on this, please let me know so this can be updated.

Waiting your response!!

Kevin

noplayj

I apologize Kevin. It said it on the side of the box for the Slingbox and not for Sling Player for Android. (I tried to send picture but it would not go through) But I'm wondering why I can't get an old version that gets high quality video. Or why they would stop high quality video for any version of Slingbox (Pro) and any version of Android Sling Player. If you could answer that I would be highly appreciative. Once again thank you Kevin for answering my crazy post.

One crazy S.O.B. for high quality video on Sling Player mobile,

The Infamous NO PLAY J

p.s. Please get me an older version that gets high quality video