8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 6:01 AM by nlel RSS

Power Light Flashing

nlel Newbie

Just noticed that the power light on my Slingbox Solo is flashing. I am hoping its just the power supply and I have ordered a new one from eBay for £ 12.99 including delivery.

I think my mistake last time was to leave it powered on for months at a time when I wasn't even using it, this time I will only connect it to the power when I intend to use it.

I had it connected permanantly for less than a year before the power supply went, or at least I hope its the power supply!

• Re: Power Light Flashing
          williamh1 Newbie

Thank you for your message.

I am away from my desk but will try to interrogate my mail and respond. However, I may not be able to access this account until 17th. April. In any event I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I return.

Best Wishes

Mike Williams

nlel Newbie

From doing my research on the Internet it seems its the capacitors in the power adapter that go after being left powered on for many months where they are subjected to a certain amount of heat. With my new power adapter I will only leave it powered on if I know I am going to use it ie if I am going away somewhere for a period of time.

williamh1 Newbie

I am away from my desk but will try to interrogate my mail and respond. However, I may not be able to access this account until 17th. April. In any event I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I return.

Best Wishes

Mike Williams

jenn.sling Newbie

Hi nlel,

Thanks for posting to the forums!

With the Slingbox Solo, the power light should never blink. The article linked below will explain common Slingbox LED behaviors:

We also recommend purchasing any replacement Slingbox parts from our website to make sure that it's meeting our requirements. The link below will bring you directly to our replacement parts website where you will find the recommended power supply for your Slingbox Solo:

Please give us a call if the power light on your Slingbox Solo continues to flash after replacing the power supply so that we can look into this issue a little further. I have included our contact information in the link below:

Hope this helps!

Jennifer,

Sling Media Moderation Team

williamh1 Newbie

Best Wishes

Mike Williams

bridodonovan

I had the same problem (power lead failed) so I bought a new one. Now the network and logo lights flash (I have an old SB150-110) and I cannot get anything to work. I have checked all of the connections and replaced the lead between router and slingbox but no joy (the lights flash regardless of whether the cable is connected or the router is on). 'Hard reset' makes no difference.

No problems for years and now - kaput!  

williamh1 Newbie

Best Wishes

Mike Williams

nlel Newbie

I received the new power adapter I bought on eBay for £ 12.99 inc delivery today. Connected it to my Slingbox Solo and both power light and network light came on. I then connected to it from a PC and was able to watch TV and control the box. So it's fixed!

From now on I am only going to connect it to a power source if I am intending to use it rather then leaving it connected 24/7 I suggest you do the same.

Pleased it was only a £ 12.99 fix rather then having to buy a new Slingbox.