3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2010 11:20 AM by eferz RSS

HTC Touch Pro2 Unable to Connect to SlingBox

mudslinger

My HTC Touch Pro2 works fine when I am on wi-fi and it previously worked fine when connecting over 3g connection.  Now it has quit working in 3g mode and displays unable to connect to SlingBox.  It starts up, looks for updates, then tries to locate, before displaying unable to locate.  I wonder what setting, network etc. that I might have changed on the HTC Touch Pro2 that would stop it from working.  I have checked my setting for Slingbox alias, sling finder ID, and password.  They all seem to be correct.  I have the HTC set to run in slingbox finder id mode and am logging in as admin.

My HTC gets out to the internet fine with other applications.

• Re: HTC Touch Pro2 Unable to Connect to SlingBox
          eferz Expert

I'm not sure why you would open this topic in the Slingplayer Mobile for iPhone, since the HTC Touch Pro2 is a Windows Phone.  It would probably be better suited in (https://community.sling.com/community/slingplayer_mobile/slingplayer_mobile_for_windows_phone)

Anyways, it sounds like you can still access your Slingbox with the Slingplayer Mobile for Windows Phone using WiFi.  So, if you're unable to get it over 3G then most likely your mobile broadband provider is blocking the stream.  If they're blocking the stream based on the transport layer then make sure you have port forwarding rules for both TCP and UDP.  If they're blocking the stream by the port number, then you can try changing the port on your Slingbox and the port forwarding rule on your router to a different port.  The default port for the Slingbox is port 5001.  Most people have good success in strict enviroments using a common port number like 80 (HTTP) or 443 (SHTTP).

mudslinger

Issue is resolved.  I went back into the remote viewing set up for slingbox and reset router setting for correct IP and port per online instructions in the slingbox users guide.  This resolved this issue.  Perhaps at somepoint when the router was reset or powered down it lost it's previous setting.

eferz Expert

If you're not using a reserved or static IP address then its possible for your DHCP server to assign a different IP address to your Slingbox when the lease expires.

When you let the Setup Assistant to use Universal Plug & Play (uPnP) to set up your configuration it will configure the port forwarding rule for the current IP address.  It can't reserve or employ a static IP address.