6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 1:36 AM by tangfj RSS

what is a p601 error?

dat2wong

It happens when i first try to save settings when first setting up slingbox after is save the remote settings.

• Re: what is a p601 error?
          jenn.sling Newbie

Hey dat2wong,

I see that you're having trouble completing the Slingbox 350 setup. The P601 error usually means your Slingbox has experienced an internal error. To fix this issue, you will need to factory reset your Slingbox. Please check out the article below as it will guide you through the factory reset process:

If you still experience the same error after resetting your Slingbox, I have included our contact link below so we can provide you further assistance:

Thanks,

Jennifer

Sling Media Moderation Team

Fluidfusion

I'm also getting this error on one of my new Slingbox 350's.

Tried factory reset multiple times and it's still bringing up the error right after I have setup the remote control.

It seems like the Sling cannot save the settings and complete the setup, is this a case of returning the Slingbox in place for another one?

dat2wong

Still doesnt work.  Is there something wrong with my box

skyHDdemo

I think there is, I have boxed mine back up ready for return and have ordered a replacement. I must have 20+ 350's and none of the others give me this problem.

skyHDdemo

I had this problem and was just about to send my Slingbox back when all of a sudden it started working. I went round and round in circles with it, trying to run the setup and then reseting and then factory resetting when prompted.

What finally worked is I stopped reseting it all together, just turned it off for a few hours, then turned back on and waited a little while longer and the next time I tried to run the setup it just worked! Go figure!

tangfj

I'm also having the same problem.  Just moved to a new house and couldn't get my 350 working so I reset it to factory settings.  Now when I try to set it up again I'm getting this error:

An error has occurred on your Slingbox. Please perform a soft reset and try to reconnect.

[Code:P601]

I get it just after trying to save the remote settings to my slingbox... anybody have any ideas on what to do other than keep on resetting it and trying again?  Is my box defective?  I just got it no more than a 5-6 months ago!