3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2014 7:42 AM by stanley.sling RSS

Supposedly connected but not???!!!

ACC1191148

Hi anyone.............I don't know if anyone can help but I'd be grateful for any suggsetions. I've had a SLINGBOX PRO for about 4years and it's never worked properly (certainly not when I've been abroad!!!.....sort of defeats the objective).

The two red lights on the front aspect are lit & solid red.............suggesting that the Slingbox is connected to the internet and is powered. Yet when I come to WATCH, although my named slingbox appears as one of the boxes to choose from (of 3), it says LAN offline. (This is confirmed by my looking at the network map via the control panel........indeed my named slingbox features on the network map but is "offline".

How can I bring it online???? I've tried the re-setting button (but should this be necessary if the network red light on the front is lit & solid)

Any ideas.

Thanks..................kvs 1951 

• Re: Supposedly connected but not???!!!
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hey ACC1191148,

In order to resolve this issue, I would recommend trying another hard reset and reconfiguration of the Slingbox. To reset the Slingbox, check out this link:

After you have performed the factory reset on the Slingbox, and you once again have both solid power and network lights, run through setup of the Slingbox on Setup.Slingbox.com.

Setup.Slingbox.com should allow you to complete the setup and view your Slingbox via Newwatch.Slingbox.com. If you are still unable to view your Slingbox, please do get back in touch with us.

Hope this helps!

Stanley,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Supposedly connected but not???!!!
              ACC1191148

Stanley.sling...............Thanks for your answer 3rd April. Sorry for the delay in my response, but I have been waiting to change from BT to Sky as my ISP in an effort to resolve this Slingbox problem (thinking it was some sort of connectivity issue). Sky Broadband came on board yesterday......NOT HELPED

Even prior to your answer, I had tried a factory hard reset of the slingbox several times followed by reconfiguration....................ALL TO NO AVAIL. At setup, sometimes my slingbox is found at other times my slingbox is not found on the network!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand the incocnsistency.

Occasionally it works, only for the Slingbox to be offline again next time I try to watch......................it's all very frustrating.

I would be grateful for any further suggestions.

Regards

Karan