3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2010 2:18 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Virtual Remote is not working.

CourtHoyle

I have had my Slingbox Pro for nearly 4 years now, and now after updating the firmware, the remote does not work.  The box still streams A/V to my cpu and iphone and slingcatcher, but I can not control the box.

When I use the slingplayer on my cpu, the remote icon is grayed out and unselectable.  When I am on the sling website, I can bring the remote up on screen, but all the buttons are greyed out.

I am so frustrated with the direction this company has went.  They used to be all about customer service, but now if you need help they are quick to charge the loyal customers who helped them get to where they now are a $29.99 fee for troubleshooting.

I am really hoping some of my fellow Slingers on this forum can help me out.  I recently reinstalled all the software and tried to reset it, but now the setup is telling me that my box wasn't designed to work in the USA and that it needs to be fixed....  I am so lost, disapointed, and frustrated right now.  Please, you guys are my only hope!

Oh, and all three of the lights are on on the face of the slingbox....

• Re: Virtual Remote is not working.
          alanrichey42 Master

CourtHoyle wrote:

I have had my Slingbox Pro for nearly 4 years now, and now after updating the firmware, the remote does not work.  The box still streams A/V to my cpu and iphone and slingcatcher, but I can not control the box.

When I use the slingplayer on my cpu, the remote icon is grayed out and unselectable.  When I am on the sling website, I can bring the remote up on screen, but all the buttons are greyed out.

I am so frustrated with the direction this company has went.  They used to be all about customer service, but now if you need help they are quick to charge the loyal customers who helped them get to where they now are a $29.99 fee for troubleshooting.

I am really hoping some of my fellow Slingers on this forum can help me out.  I recently reinstalled all the software and tried to reset it, but now the setup is telling me that my box wasn't designed to work in the USA and that it needs to be fixed....  I am so lost, disapointed, and frustrated right now.  Please, you guys are my only hope!

Oh, and all three of the lights are on on the face of the slingbox....

I'm afraid in my experience of being on these forums for some time now is that the message ' Not designed to work in...<country>' means the box  is broken, dead, 'fried'.....  You are well out of warranty now but there have been rumours of Sling being sympathetic under these circumstances.  But it will cost you $30 to find out

• Re: Virtual Remote is not working.

you got any solution my problem is the same