4 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2014 10:14 PM by FiloD RSS

Why is there no support for roku yet?

sethlitwack

I have been waiting since November for this. Why is there no support to stream to roku yet?

• Re: Why is there no support for roku yet?
          jenn.sling Newbie

Hi sethlitwack,

Thanks for posting to the forums! I'm happy to inform you that we are now compatible with Roku. Please take a look at this article for more in depth information about SlingPlayer for Roku:

To successfully connect to your Slingbox using your supported Roku device (see list of supported Roku models from the article above), you will want to make sure that you are meeting the following  requirements:

• You will need ONE of the following:
            • A Slingbox 500
            • Slingbox 350
            • Slingbox PRO-HD
            • Slingbox SOLO

• The SlingPlayer application will need to be running on an Android  smartphone or an iPhone.
          • The SlingPlayer channel will need to be loaded and running on your supported Roku device.
          • Your Android phone or your iPhone AND your Roku will need to be connected to the same network.

Once you meet ALL of the requirements listed above, you will be able to stream the Slingbox  signal from your phone to your Roku.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer,

Sling Media Moderation Team

ACC5821817

Slingplayer for iPad really should support/link to Roku too, not just Apple TV.  Many of us are loyal to and own Roku.

acrftr

By running the Iphone version of Slingplayer on my Ipad I am able to "push" the video out to a TV with a Roku device on the same network... This feature does NOT seem to be available in the IPAD version (Build 3.2) of the Slingplayer app.   Is this incorrect?   If it isnt, is there work in progress to get this feature to work with the IPAD app?

FiloD

You are not giving a direct answer to the original question (since the topic is for SlingPlayer for iPad). Question is if the slingplayer ipad version supports roku.

I commited the mistake of buying the slingplayer ipad version hoping that I can stream to my TV with Roku. Now I realized that if you read it very carefully it supports the iphone but no mention of the ipad. I frankly feel cheated by slingbox on this. So you want me to buy the iphone version for another $14.99? Wow what a rip off.... I am thinking of returning my Roku (I have a few days left).