3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2014 9:44 PM by bstaber RSS

redirecting to Roku

bstaber

I am using a Sling 350 (it is on the newest firmware)...I see the  message "Redirecting/Sending to Roku" and it just sits there trying to connect.  I will also say that I just switched phones from a Samsung S3 to a Google Nexus 5 and both phones have the same issue.  I am using a Roku 3 with the latest firmware.  I have unplugged and replugged all devices.

This was an important feature for me purchasing a Slingbox and find out that it flat out doesn't work is very disappointing.

***Please devs just reply with a message something like "We are working on this issue"...***

• Re: redirecting to Roku
          Jason.G.Sling Newbie

Hello bstaber,

We have had this issue brought to our attention. We are current working to find a resolution for this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Jason

Sling Media Moderation Team

bstaber

Add a Samsung Tab 3 to the list that does not work.

bstaber

OK...After the griping I am doing I must say finally *success*.

After trying a Samsung Galaxy3, Nexus 5, Samsung Tab3 and now finally a Nexus 10 I must say the results are nothing short of outstanding with the N10.  Going on 90 minutes of streaming and picture is very respectable.  I am very impressed.  It did crash once the first time I used it but since then no issues. no fluctuations at all.  The Roku stabilizes the stream.  I will leave the "why" up to you experts.

;-)