4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2010 8:07 PM by eferz RSS

No Picture or Audio

Mazzarooni

Connects fine but can't see or hear anything. When I go to information channel,I get video and audio but when I select any other channel it goes black screen..Very annoying as the world cup is about to start...

Has anyone had this problem before? Would getting someone from home to turn slingbox off and on make a difference?

• Re: No Picture or Audio
          eferz Expert

Most likey there's a problem with your set-top box.  Since, it sounds like you're getting audio and video from the information channel.  Could it be possible that the box is connected to a TV via HDMI?  Several manufacturers shut down the analog signals while HDMI is connected.  Or maybe, did you forget to pay your television subscription service?

Probably the best test is to connect the bypass from the Slingbox's audio and video output to the TV.  Or check to see what is comming out of the set-top by connecting it directly to your TV.  Because the Slingbox can only rebroadcast whatever it receives.

Mazzarooni

Thanks, my subscription is current so I am not sure. I will get someone to have a look at home and see what they see...Good thinking.I'll let you know.

You were absolutely right...my set top box had frozen..Thanks so much,my husband can now watch the World Cup..YAY

djmousie

I have audio only, its really weird, because i can control the TV remotely with my slingplayer software (desktop and mobile phone).  Just no video?  Any idea?