2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2015 12:32 PM by 172pilot RSS

Screen freezes on second monitor

rmk812

Hello, I have the slingbox solo and I use it while I am doing work or playing games. I keep it on a second monitor, but if I switch applications, tabs, or move the page arround, the media player crashes and then I have to reload the page. I have an AMD FX 8350 and a GTX 770 in my computer so I know its not a hardware issue. Also the media player works fine if I use it on my laptop. I have tried contacting support, but they will not help because my box is out of warrenty, but there is nothing wrong with my slingbox. O well. Thanks for the help.

• Re: Screen freezes on second monitor
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello rmk812,

I understand you are having difficulties watching your Slingbox via Newwatch.Slingbox.com on the second monitor for your PC. Unfortunately, we do not technically support using any of the SlingPlayers on a second monitor. The good news is that there are other options for streaming other than Newwatch.Slingbox.com, so you might be in luck!

The other SlingPlayer options you could try on your PC are listed and explained in the article below:

Hope this helps!

Stanley,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Screen freezes on second monitor
              172pilot

It's been a year and a half..  Can this be revisited?  It's absolutely ridiculous to say that we can use sling to watch TV, but NOT on a second monitor...  Afterall, the reason most people would use this is to watch TV while working on their PC - If watching TV was going to be the primary activity, I'd probably just sit in front of a TV?!

Can you point me to where in the instructions or other documentation it points out that the sling ONLY works on the primary monitor?