14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2014 9:29 AM by klitzkes RSS

NO AUDIO

klitzkes

At this point my Slingbox is virtually worthless because I cannot get any audio.  The connections are correct and I have had audio on this setup before but now it will not work no matter what I do.  I have a Slingbox HD-PRO connect to a Directv H25/500 receiver (BTW that receiver is no longer on the list either so I chose H24 - maybe this is an issue?  I don't think so becaue I believe that only impacts how the remote works).  I am very frustrated and disappointed that Slingbox is not fixing this problem.  Judging from the number of posts with similar issues I have to think it is something on their end.  Has anyone had any success in solving this problem?

• Re: NO AUDIO
          alanrichey42 Master

You are correct the remote is irrelvant, but unfortunately you haven't told us exactly how you have it wired up or exactly what you have tried so far.  So not much we can offer unless you are more specific.

klitzkes

I have a Directv coax connection into the back of the Directv box.  HDMI cable from Directv receiver to TV (this works fine).  Audio/video cable in the out connections of the Directv receiver to the Slingbox composite in connection.  I have video but no audio.  I have tried a new audio/video cable, resetting the Directv receiver box, redoing setup on the Slingbox, using the component connections, running the output from Directv to the TV and back to the Slingbox (audio on TV - none on Slingbox).  I only use this box a couple of times a year while on vacation away from home to watch local channels so not sure when the problem began.  I have tried it on two different laptops both running windows, one with IE9, one with IE8.

alanrichey42 Master

I take it by audo/video cable you mean Red/White/Yellow RCA cables ?    The crucial test was the one where you ran the RCA cables from the DirecTV to the TV and the audio worked, and if you plug them into the Slingbox then there is no audio.  I agree that does point to a problem with the Slingbox circuit assuming you have made sure that the volume on the Slingplayer is turned up and not muted.

klitzkes

How do you turn up the audio on the HD-PRO?  Just that slide at the bottom of the video display?  If so, yes it is at max.

alanrichey42 Master
                          How do you turn up the audio on the HD-PRO?  Just that slide at the bottom of the video display?  If so, yes it is at max.

You don't turn up the audio on the box, you turn up the audio on whichever player you are using.

klitzkes

Just to be sure I just reconfigured the Slingbox on my router.  I have a Netgear WNDR3400v2 router.  I moved the Slingbox to a new static ip and new port and redid the port forwarding to the new ip address.  No change – still have video no audio.

jjuno

klitzkes,

Assuming the audio cables are plugged into the proper RCA plugs, try this:

Unplug the HDMI cable from the Directv box (which leads to the TV) and leave it unplugged while using the Slingbox.

klitzkes

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had actually tried that too but it didn’t help at that time.  Unbelievably I have rebooted, reset and reconnected everything – just as it was before – and now I have sound!?!?!  Very confused.  Hopefully it was just a bad connection somewhere but for now at least it is working.

jjuno

Glad you got it fixed (usually rebooting the Slingbox works wonders).     I

mentioned disconnecting the HDMI cable because my Comcast set top box stops

transmitting both video and audio when the HDMI cable is plugged in.

Thought yours might be the same way.

Reply-To:  <jive-1764056053-5x72-2-26b8@answers.slingbox.com>

Date:  Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 1:11 PM

To:  Jerry Juno <jjuno@comcast.net>

Subject:  Re: - NO AUDIO

Slingbox Answers Forum <https://community.sling.com/index.jspa>

NO AUDIO

reply from klitzkes <https://community.sling.com/people/klitzkes>  in

Audio/Video Troubleshooting - View the full discussion

<https://community.sling.com/message/101492#101492>

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had actually tried that too but it didn¹t help

at that time.  Unbelievably I have rebooted, reset and reconnected

everything just as it was before and now I have sound!?!?!  Very

confused.  Hopefully it was just a bad connection somewhere but for now at

least it is working.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on

Slingbox Answers Forum <https://community.sling.com/message/101492#101492>

Start a new discussion in Audio/Video Troubleshooting at Slingbox Answers

Forum

<https://community.sling.com/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&conta

inerType=14&container=2044

klitzkes

I have seen that before – about the Comcast box so good suggestion.  I had rebooted the Slingbox before but this time I did a cold reset.

fmcbride

I have experienced this same issue with my setup over the past two years.

I also have a DirecTV receiver.  It is wired HDMI to my receiver then to my tv.

The slingbox is connected with component cables from the DirecTV receiver for video.  The audio is through the digital audio out into the slingbox digital audio in.

Removing and reconnecting cables has worked sometimes in the past.  Also have reset the DirecTV receiver and power cycled the slingbox.

I have even switched to the analog audio connection and that also does not work.

Recently, I have not been successful in getting the audio to return.

Does anyone have ideas what might be the root cause for this?  I would like to get the audio to return.  However, having the play with/reset connections and devices every few days to enjoy the box is not something I want to do either.

klitzkes

Have you tried a “cold reset” on the slingbox?  Nothing worked until I did this.  Press and hold the reset button until the network light on the front flashes twice – mine took awhile so just keep holding.  Be prepared thought because you lose EVERYTHNG and have to go in and resetup the network etc.  I do not have the digital audio connected – just the analog – but this finally worked for me and it has not gone out since.  Good luck.

fmcbride

Thanks for the tip.

I performed four hard resets last night.  The first did not connect to the network properly.  The second had an issue loading the new firmware.  The third got everything setup, but still no audio.  Finally, after a fourth hard reset, the audio returned.

My fingers are crossed hoping the audio will keep for a while.

I have it working with digital audio.  I even tried switching to analog audio after the third reset, but no luck there either.

I even tested both the digital and analog audio from the sat box using the same cables and confirmed they both were working properly.