3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 10:50 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Incorrect Remote

ACC6026041

I have connected my Slingbox 500 and all is working correctly that I can tell so far. The issue is the remote that is assigned to my Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8240HDC.

The system only lists up 8240HD. Can the available remotes be scrolled through to see if there is an alternative that matches. 

• Re: Incorrect Remote
          alanrichey42 Master

I would be VERY surprised if the 8240HD did not work with the 8240HDC.  Have you tried it ?

ACC6026041

It seems to work, it is more a case of an irritation in that you get used to where the buttons are on the one remote and then have to hunt and peck for the right buttons on this different one. It is not the end of the world. It is just that a friend of mine had the same unit and was able to scroll through different remote styles to find one that matched

alanrichey42 Master

It is just that a friend of mine had the same unit and was able to scroll through different remote styles to find one that matched

Are you sure ?   You have never been able to 'scroll' through remote images.  With older Slingboxes you could design your own remote and switch between that and the standard one but Sling removed that function from the 500.