6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2010 2:24 PM by RafaelB RSS

Channel 0 - On screen remote control

ceeske

Hi,

At installation of Slingbox Pro HD on my Mac OS X, channel 0 is automatically selected as the first channel.  After changing channels to view another one, pressing channel 0 on the onscreen remote control (or  keyboard) to go back to channel 0 does not work. The only thing which works to go back to channel 0  is the "Last Chanel" button (but only of course if channel 0 was really the last viewed channel). I have this problem only with "0" - the other numbers work fine.

In practice it means that after watching various channels, I loose access to channel 0 and the only way to get it back is to re-install the software.

Can someboy please help?

May thanks,

ceeske

• Re: Channel 0 - On screen remote control
          eferz Expert

Sounds like a problem with the virtual remote.

When you walked through the Setup Assistant to configure respective video source, which options did you pick?  Connection (Composite, S-Video, Component, or ANT IN); Device type (Cablebox, Satellite Receiver, Standalone DVR (Digital Video Recorder), DVD Player, Other Controllable Device, or Non-controllable Device); and finally which manufacturer and model combination did you chose?

Also, while you stepped through the assistant, it tests "Power" toggling and changing the channel to 5.  Did both of tests give the appropriate response?

Finally, the manfacturer of your set-top box and how is it connected to the Slingbox.

ceeske

Hello Erferz,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have attached some screenshots of the Setup Assistant. It looks somewhat different than the options mentioned in your email (my OS is Mac OS X, version 10.6.3)

- Cable connected to Your Slingbox: RF / Coaxial Cable

- Video Connection to Your Slingbox:  Use the built-in Slingbox tuner

- Manufacturer set-top box: I don’t have such box; connection to my slingbox is with coaxial cable (analog signal).

- Model: Slingbox Pro HD

I did not see the Power toggling nor the changing to channel 5

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kind regards,
              Ceeske

eferz Expert

When you use the digital tuner of the Slingbox Pro-HD, it will only go to the channels that it found during the channel scan.  So, when you use the channel up and down buttons, you'll be able to scan through the saved channels.  If it isn't able to go to channel 0, its possible that it wasn't available during the scan and didn't save the channel.  I would suggest going through the channel scan during the setup again while channel 0 is tuneable.

ceeske

Hi Eferz,

Many thanks for your reply.  During the channel scan at installation, channel 0 is automatically selected as the first channel of my tv channels offered by my provider. When I switch from channel 0 to, say, 5, and thereafter push "last channel" it selects channel 0 again (so this works ok and apparently the channel is saved).  However when I switch from channel 5 to ,say 6, it is impossible to return to channel 0 again - as this isn't the last channel anymore) and pushing 0 as such does not give a reaction.

As I am just following the standard installation (I have reinstalled it probably about 20 times now), I wonder if more people have this experience and what they have done about it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Ceeske

eferz Expert

I think what you're experiencing is that channel 0 is the starting point of scan.  It's not actually being saved as a vaild channel.  So, once the scan is complete it just returns you to that point.  That would explain why once you start to channel surf with the up and down buttons that you're not able to return to channel 0, and are unable tune it by using the virtual remote keypad.

Unfortuantely, I don't have a suggestion for you.  I'm not sure if channel 0 is beyond the treshold for saved channels, but I do know that Sling does presently offer the ability to edit your channel list.  You might consider opening suggesting that they offer this in future updates.  Check this article for more information.  (http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000297)

Apprentice

Hi ceeske, check this out, it could be the solution for your issue.

Set-top box gets "stuck" on an unsubscribed channel when controlled by another device

Best regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator Team