4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2016 5:02 AM by ChrisLovell RSS

Remote does not work

Aluminum

I have a Motorola DCH 6200 cable box. I cannot get the remote to work. It is not listed as a choice.

On my I pod I have a guide to all the channels but it will not change. Is this because the remote is not set up properly?

• Re: Remote does not work
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

(NOT a Sling Media representative, just another user)

ChrisLovell

Hello Al. You seem to be the one person support desk for Slingbox. Thank you and shame on Sling.

I have a Comcast X1 box and virtual remote works perfectly on the iPad and desktop. I have only the basic remote controls (not a virtual remote graphic) on the iPhone. I have reinstalled Sling on the iPhone several times. Am I missing something in the iPhone setup? The Xi to Sling is composite. Works fine in everyway except I do not see the virtual remote, which would be good for lots of things including using the DVR function.

Thanks for any help.

CL

alanrichey42 Master

No, that is how Sling designed it.  They decided there wasn't enough screen space on the iPhone for a realistic remote so they designed the one you see.  It's the same on Android phones.   But all the buttons should be there ?  

ChrisLovell

Thanks. Good to know. The dVR function displays but I cannot see saved recordings and the arrow tool displays over the DVR screen.  maybe I just need to keep playing with it.

Thanks for the help. Very much.

CL

Christopher Lovell

978-313-3710 ofc

617-797-5684 cell

Sent from mobile. Please excuse cryptic typing.