12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2014 7:33 AM by ACC1470201 RSS

need thomson stb  tms-888 for slingbox solo

ACC1470201

i am a user in hk, buy a new thomson stb tms-888, want the remote code, thks 

• Re: need thomson stb  tms-888 for slingbox solo
          alanrichey42 Master

Normally I would help, but as you know, I cannot find this device on the Logitech Harmony IR database.   Their closest option is the THS-810, but you have told me that is no good.

Sorry

ACC1470201

actually i have a ir receiver , can i use any software to get the remote code to make a bin file,

and also want to ask, why close the slingbox online remote learning page, its very useful,

thks a lot

alanrichey42 Master
                  actually i have a ir receiver , can i use any software to get the remote code to make a bin file,

I've no idea.  I use a program called IRScope but that needs specific learning remotes or a special IR widget.  But it is probably worth trying

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7666

and also want to ask, why close the slingbox online remote learning page, its very useful,

Sling have refused to tell us.  IMHO it was because it was generating too many support calls.  I think the IR receivers they fitted to the Slingboxes were too cheap and did not perform correctly.   Many of us struggled to make it work.

ACC1470201

last night i open up the remote control, there are no jumper inside, no chip , and just a simper part in side, and i also want to tell you that i have two different stb in my home, one is miso mi android tv box, the other is this one thomson tms-888, they are use the same model of remote, so i think in hk may stb are use this kind of model,  now i provide a picture , is this any use? sorry for my poor english, thks a lot

in the instruction manual, said the ir us e 38khz

i follow the readme.txt, instruction guide uploaded the file, both file have try, only the rv file can upload, but all the buttom not work, and i already use a DC to check th ir cable, it have light when i press the buttom, so i think my cable are work, can i provide any data for help?  the slingbox with no remote control is no meaning , i am just a fresh computer use , and i have try my best, thank for your kindly help

alanrichey42 Master
                          have two different stb in my home, one is miso mi android tv box, the other is this one thomson tms-888, they are use the same model of remote, so i think in hk may stb are use this kind of model,

I can find nothing on the Internet about 'miso mi'.  Can you point me to a web site where it is described ?

in the instruction manual, said the ir us e 38khz

Yes they normally work at either 38Khz ot 56Khz.,

i follow the readme.txt, instruction guide uploaded the file, both file have try, only the rv file can upload, but all the buttom not work, and i already use a DC to check th ir cable, it have light when i press the buttom, so i think my cable are work, can i provide any data for help?  the slingbox with no remote control is no meaning , i am just a fresh computer use , and i have try my best, thank for your kindly help

That does not make sense.  Both the RV and PL files should upload, so you must be doing something wrong.   And the RV file is for some older European models so I would have thought the PL was the correct one.    What happens when you try and install the PL file ?

ACC1470201

i have try both bin file , only rv can upload, the Pl one have try many time, its just dont let me upload, said invaild file , i should i didnt try wrong,

maybe my slingbox are but from a online shop , it may but in the european country,

only can upload one file, how can upload two file ??

and i also use the pl file to rename a rv file , it also dont let me upload ,

my other stb should be  Miso M1, a dual band android tv box

alanrichey42 Master
                                  i have try both bin file , only rv can upload, the Pl one have try many time, its just dont let me upload, said invaild file

Did you read the instructions properly ?  If so you would know that the message does NOT mean Invalid file.  I quote:

"...If you get a message 'Invalid Custom Bin file' then the first thing to  note is that this does NOT mean it is an invalid Custom BIN file. This  is Sling telling you it could not find the BIN file.  So check that  you have typed in the pathname and filename correctly and try again.."

So where EXACTLY had you out the file and what EXACTLY did you type in. ??

only can upload one file, how can upload two file ??

.You don't.  For a Solo you try each one in turn.  You have shown the RV file is not right, so you should try the PL file.

and i also use the pl file to rename a rv file , it also dont let me upload ,

You CANNOT rename a BIN file, the code is also embedded inside the file.

my other stb should be  Miso M1, a dual band android tv box

Sorry, I can find nothing about the IR on that device