3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2014 5:08 PM by stanley.sling RSS

Slingbox Av IR Blaster

713juggalo

I just purchased a Slingbox Av off of Ebay. I'm new to the whole slingbox thing so I had no idea this was something I needed. I see all kinds of ir blasters on ebay and amazon. Do they all work the same? I have already ordered an A/V cord for my Direct Tv since its the only way to connect to the slinbox by the router. Dont really wanna pay $20 for the one off the slingbox website. I only payed $25 for the unit. Thanks for any info you can share with me.

BPD

• Re: Slingbox Av IR Blaster
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hey 713juggalo,

That is a very good question! Unfortunately, the only replacement IR Blaster cables we can recommend for your Slingbox AV would be the 4-headed IR Blaster cables listed at the bottom of this Slingbox.com webpage:

Hope this helps!

Stanley,

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

ACC320947

Will that one work with the Slingbox AV? 

stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello ACC320947,

It appears that, as of now we are no longer carrying the 4-headed IR Blaster cables that were designed for the older Slingbox units. However, from our testing here in the SlingLab it appears as though the IR Emitter Pyramid should work for the Slingbox AV instead.

Due to the fact that the IR Emitter Pyramids were not designed to work with the Slingbox AV, we cannot guarantee it will work. However if you purchase an IR Emitter Pyramid cable from our Online Store and it does not work, you may return it within 30-days for a full refund.

Hope this helps!

Stanley

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team