14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 6:48 AM by kkolmorgen RSS

Denver DTB-120CP for slingbox350

perfoto

i need a remote control for Denver DTB-120CP for slingbox350

• Re: Denver DTB-120CP for slingbox350
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

(NOT a Sling Media representative, just another user)

perfoto

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Denver in Denmark they can not (will not) help. So now I have read most posts but can not move on. So if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. I can see that you are doing a great job for others in here. :-)

alanrichey42 Master

Happy to try and help but not confident.  This box does not appear on the Logitech IR Database I use to get codes but it does recommend the DMB-100 as a possible match.   Looking at that box I see it uses the same codes as the DMB-105, and I wrote a Custom Remote for that a year ago but it was never proven.

The other problem is that, unlike many other manufacturers, Denver have not standardised on an IR protocol, they seem to use whichever takes their fancy at the time.

Still worth trying though so copy attached.  Best I can offer I'm afraid.

Al

perfoto

Thank you for your work. I've tried the file and it loaded fine but it did not work. I see that the Denver DMB-118HDMK3 uses the same remote control. perhaps the same code?

alanrichey42 Master

OK, a few things you need to do:

the file and it loaded fine but it did not work.

1.   Please read the instructions PROPERLY, particularly the part that says:  "...If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless...."

2.  Read my article at https://community.sling.com/thread/26433?tstart=0    From that you will see that youi have now locked in 2010 so there is no point in trying any more remotes using that code.   Accoridngly I have rebuilt the DMB-105 using Code 2011.  So try it again.

I see that the Denver DMB-118HDMK3 uses the same remote control. perhaps the same code?

3,  Can't find that one either.  Best I could come up with are the DMB-111HD and DMB-112HD.   These both use the same codes, so worth trying.  I have built that one using Code 2012.

Any use ?

perfoto

Hi Allan Thanks for the reply. I've tried what you suggested but have given up on Denver box. So now I have bought a Triax T-HD 505 VA because I looked at JP1- that you have made a remote for the HD 405 in 2011 and hoped that it would work. But no, it will not compute (work). :-). I looked it up in the Harmony database and it is there but I can not access the file. (Success! The device (s) with green check marksare in our Harmony database.) So now I hope you'll give it a try . Thanks in advance

kkolmorgen

Hi Alan,

You seem to be quite an expert on this topic. I have the same Denver DTB-120CP and a slingbox solo. Seems the remotes you created for Per, didn't work, but perhaps you have an idea for me? I've tried a bunch of remotes, just to see if I could get basic functionanlity working (on/off and channel up/down would be terrific, although full functionality would be better), but so far found noone that makes it react at all. I have of course tried the Denver remotes I could find and some custom ones I located in different fora, I've also tried to use some for different brands in the hope that at least basics were the same, but there are so many, that I of course have not been able to test all of them and so far I have not found any that can do the on/off, which is essential.

Would you have any idea of an othet brand, which might have some compatibility with this Denver model? What kind of information would I need to dig up from the Denver, to enable anyone to create a custom remote? Should I ask them for chipset or something like that for the remote they use?

Hope you have a few ideas for me.

Thanks,

Kim

alanrichey42 Master

Absolutely none

What you need to understand is that the IR signal is composed of 3 aspects

1.  The actual protocol used.  There are quite a lot (NEC,RC5,GCable, TDC...) and without that we are lost.

2.  The device code for the box.  This is of the form xx:yy  where xx is 0-255 and yy is 0-255, so 64,000 possibilities, again we are lost.

3.  The button code itself (0-255), easily found

So you can see that what you are doing is basically correct, because if you can find one that at least the box reacts to then we know you have found 1 & 2.   Matching functions to codes is then a relatively easy matter of trial and error.

Because I never have access to any of the devices the system I use is to install the device onto my Logitech Harmony Universal Remote and use that to 'mimic' the original remote and then analyse the codes.  Unfortunately your device is not in the Logitech database so obviously none of the users of the box own a Harmony.   The database offers the Denver DMB-100HD as a suggested alternative.  If I analyse that device I can see it uses the NEC protocol and the device code is 0:63.  Now that is actually a unique combination that is used only by Denver.  And when I further check the codes I see that they exactly match the Denver DMB-105, which I already had on file.   That was the remote I posted earlier on this thread but it was never shown to work so hasn't been uploaded to any of the official sites.

So to answer your question, I think we can safely say that your box uses the NEC protocol as all the Denver boxes I have tested use it.  Unfortunately they use very different device codes.  The 6 Denver boxes I know about use 0:0, 0:63, 0:191, 0:247, 5:0, 64:0 and I can't see a pattern there.  But if Denver can give you the device code for your box we are home & dry.

Best of luck