4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2010 11:48 PM by eferz RSS

Recover sling player mobile key

OneVue

I've read the support website on how to locate your key but it requires the last four digits of the credit card number.   This was so many years ago I don't have a clue?  My phone is licensed and active.  Is there any way to locate the key locally?  Thanks in advance.

• Re: Recover sling player mobile key
          madfelon

I had to call them and they sent me the email when I purchased it and had the key in it. I want to know if Im going to be able to transfer it to Android? I already bought it for windows and iphone so I dont feel like forking over another 29.99.

Apprentice

Hi, OneVue and madfelon.

This link will allow you to get some instructions to retrieve the Registration Key for your Mobile device.

Regards,
              The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team.

lonestarjacket

How do these questions get marked as "assumed answered"?

Clearly the OP stated they had read the support site and asked a follow-up question that was not resolved by the article on the support site.  Then we get an answer that links back to the support site article that was already referenced as inadequate.

We appreciate real help but it is better not to answer at all if your only answer is to link back to what was already identified as inadequate.

The question was whether we can retrieve the key from the licensed application itself.  We already know about the method using credit card numbers.  Some of us have several credit cards or more likely have different credit cards than we had at time of purchase.  (I probably had a different e-mail as well.)

(I have been through every card I now own and every e-mail I can remember.)

P.S.

Sorry for the rant, but I am searching for similar answers myself and finding no "answers" in these "assumed answered" threads is frustrating. If we are just out of luck then let us know.

eferz Expert

lonestarjacket wrote:

How do these questions get marked as "assumed answered"?

I can't tell you the exact circumstances, but it appears to be relative to activity of the thread, the number of posts, and whether or not a Sling Media customer service representative has posted to it.

Clearly the OP stated they had read the support site and asked a follow-up question that was not resolved by the article on the support site.  Then we get an answer that links back to the support site article that was already referenced as inadequate.

We appreciate real help but it is better not to answer at all if your only answer is to link back to what was already identified as inadequate.

Yeah, that's the kind of level of support that you'll get from Sling on these forums.  It appears a most of the moderators will only go as far as to link you to the searchable knowledgebase articles.  There's a few like Dana, who will do more than that, but they're few and far between.

Since the help from this forum is provided free of charage, you get what you pay for.  I think they're just trying to protect their salaries by purposely being elusive, so you'll call and pay for assistance.

Sorry for the rant, but I am searching for similar answers myself and finding no "answers" in these "assumed answered" threads is frustrating. If we are just out of luck then let us know.

Amen!